Welcome to Workday Financials @ SCU. Here you will find the latest information on the Workday Financials implementation project, along with training and support resources.
What is Workday?
Workday is a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system designed to house Human Resource, Payroll, Financial Management, and Student Information systems under one unified application.
What is the goal of implementing Workday Financials?
The goal of the Workday Financials implementation project is to:
- Improve reporting capabilities
- Enhance reporting for both external and internal audiences
- Eliminate the need for shadow systems
- Streamline processes and internal controls
- Ability to create workflows and approval processes within the system
- Role-based access permissions for system functionality and reporting
- Increase efficiency
- Timely software updates
- User-friendly interface and functionality
Workday Financials will replace PeopleSoft Financials as Santa Clara University's financial management system.
Where does the Workday Financials implementation stand in relation to the overall Workday project?
Workday Financials is phase 2 of a 3-phase Workday implementation project, with phase 1 being Workday Human Capital Managment (HCM), which went live in 2019, and phase 3 being Workday Student, which will begin implementation in 2021 with an expected rollout date of 2023.