Vision & Dental Discounts
GALLAGHER STUDENT DISCOUNTS & WELLNESS
Gallagher Student offers the following products as part of your Student Health Insurance Program. If you are enrolled in your School's Student Health Insurance Plan, you have access to the following products and services.
EyeMed Vision Care
This discount vision plan is available through EyeMed Vision Care. EyeMed's provider network consists of over 45,000 independent providers and retail stores nationwide, including LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical, Target Optical, JC Penney Optical, and many private practitioners.
This is not an insurance plan; there is no waiting period. Enrolled students can take advantage of the savings through EyeMed immediately upon receipt of their separate ID card. You can purchase prescription eyeglasses, conventional contact lenses or even non-prescription sunglasses at savings between 15% and 45% off regular retail pricing. In addition, you can receive discounts from 5% to 15% off laser correction surgery at some of the nation's most highly qualified laser correction surgeons.
Please click on the following link to download the EyeMed Flyer.
Please click on the following link to print an EyeMed ID Card: EyeMed ID Card.
To locate a participating provider, or if you have any additional questions, you can call 1-866-8EYEMED or go online at www.enrollwitheyemed.com.
Basix Dental Savings and Wellness
The cost of dental care is a major concern to both students and health service administrators. To help with this issue, Gallagher Student makes the Basix Dental Savings Program available to you. It is important to understand the Dental Savings Program is not dental insurance. Basix contracts with dentists that agree to charge a reduced fee to students covered under your Gallagher Student plan. The student must pay for the services received at the time of service to receive the negotiated rate.
Savings vary but can be as high as 50% depending upon the type of service received and the specific contracted dentist providing the service.
To use the program, simply:
- Make an appointment with a contracted dentist; all the contracted dentists are listed on our website, www.basixstudent.com.
- Make sure the dental office understands that you have access to the Basix program. We list an administrative contact person for each dentist to help clear up any confusion on the spot. We don't issue a separate identification card for the Basix program. The dentist's office may ask for your health plan identification card to make sure you have access to the program. If the office needs to check eligibility, call Gallagher Student at the number on your ID Card.
- Remember, you must pay for the services you receive at the time of service, so make sure you understand what forms of payment (check, credit card, etc.) the dentist accepts.
College health is all about helping to develop healthy habits. Our program supports those efforts by making available free downloadable mp3 files.
- Need some exercise? Download one of a dozen stationary bike workouts that range from an easy introduction to a simulated criterium road race. Coached walking routines and treadmill routines are also available.
- Need some sleep? Try one our eight guided imagery and Qngoing relaxation downloads.
- Need help with weight management? We have two mp3 files specifically designed to help you maintain a healthy weight, one specifically dealing with the 'Freshman 15'.
Full details of the program can be viewed at the website: www.basixstudent.com. Once at the home page, select the link for your school. You may also contact CampusFit via email from the Basix Student Website, or by telephone at 888-274-9961.