For those of you who are registered to vote in Santa Clara County, our campus will have an official Vote Center in the California Mission Room of Benson Memorial Center starting this Saturday, February 29 through Tuesday, March 3. Here are the dates and times for when you may cast your ballot:
- Saturday, February 29, 9am-5pm
- Sunday, March 1, 9am-5pm
- Monday, March 2, 9am-5pm
- Tuesday, March 3, 7am-8pm
If you have a vote-by-mail ballot, you may also drop off completed ballots at the California Mission Room during any of the dates and times listed above.
Lastly, here are a few online resources to learn more about voting in California:
- General Election and Voter Information
- Voter Registration Status
- What to Bring to Your Polling Place
The Vote Center will return to campus in the fall from October 31 to November 3. Details TBA.
Santa Clara University is engaging its student body to register to vote, gain resources about the variety of ways to vote, learn about the election process, participate in election-related events, and vote on Election Day.
As a participating institution in the ALL-IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Santa Clara University has the following goals for 2019 and 2020:
- Provide students with information about how to register to vote in California and all other states.
- Provide students with resources about the variety of ways to vote including absentee voting, voting in another state, and voting while abroad.
- Provide students with resources to learn about the election process, candidates, and issues of interest during this election season.
- Provide students with a campus polling location so they have an accessible place to vote on Election Day.
Voter Registration Information for California
- Register to vote in California
- California voter registration information
- California college students and voters living abroad
Voter Registration Information for All 50 States (courtesy of Vote.org)
- Register to vote in any state
- Registration deadlines by state
- Check to see if you are already registered to vote
- Obtain an absentee ballot
- Find your polling place
- Sign up for election reminders
Voting While in College (courtesy of BestColleges.com)
Voting While Abroad
- U.S. Department of State: information about how to vote while traveling in other countries
Preparing to Vote
- BallotReady.com: "Every candidate and referendum, explained" - explore your ballot, make informed choices, vote
- BestColleges.com: Student Voting Guide
- IssueVoter.com: online platform giving students the opportuntiy to choose the issues they care about and follow
- Empowering Communities at the Ballot Box: How to Increase Voter Participation (article courtesy of Online MSW Programs)
- You may not register to vote in two places (i.e. counties or states) during the same election cycle.