The Bucky Awards
The Bucky Awards is an annual recognition ceremony to honor the achievements of student organizations and individual student leaders across multiple award categories.
The nomination process is closed for 2018. Thank you to all who submitted nominations!
- To nominate a student or organization, please fill out the nomination form (see link above).
- Take the time to fill out a nomination form and be sure to provide as much detail and/or examples as possible.
- Note that you will need to fill out the form once per category if you would like to nominate for more than one award.
Nomination Deadline: Closed for 2018
May 1, 2018, 7:00pm
@ Locatelli Student Activity Center
Center for Student Involvement Awards
Recognizes one of the 9 chartered student organizations (CSOs) for outstanding work at Santa Clara.
- 2018: Multicultural Center (MCC)
- 2017: Multicultural Center (MCC)
- 2016: Santa Clara Community Action Program (SCCAP)
- 2015: Multicultural Center (MCC)
- 2014: Into the Wild
Recognizes one of the over 160 registered student organizations (RSOs) for excellent work at Santa Clara.
- 2018: MEChA-El Frente
- 2017: Together for Ladies of Color (TLC)
- 2016: Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- 2015: Creating Progress at Home
- 2014: Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Highlights an exceptional event that was planned and hosted by an undergraduate student organization.
- 2018: Global Village (Multicultural Center)
- 2017: Walk-Out - Stand in Solidarity with the Undocumented Community at SCU (Undocumented Students & Allies Association)
- 2016: Un Dia en Latin America (MEChA-El Frente)
- 2015: Relay for Life (Colleges Against Cancer)
- 2014: Vagina Monologues
Highlights an outstanding event that was developed and sponsored by two or more undergraduate student organizations.
- 2018: Blaxploitalian (Cultural Italian American Organization, Office for Multicultural Learning, Department of Modern Languages, Department of Italian Studies, da Vinci RLC)
- 2017: Rainbow Prom (SCCAP & Rainbow Resource Center)
- 2016: OUTober's Got Talent (Santa Clara Queer, GASPED & Rainbow Resource Center)
- 2015: Beyong Guilt: Solidarity Through Action (MCC & SCCAP)
- 2014: Global Village (MCC)
This award recognizes Santa Clara undergraduate students for unique contributions to campus.
- 2018: Eoin Lyons & Zerreen Kazi
- 2017: Jason Nguyen, Marisa Pashby & Zipporah Ridley
- 2016: Blair Libby & Yesenia Veamatahau
- 2015: Adrielle Williams, Desiree Williams & Claire Muller
- 2014: Erica Valle & Carlos Martinez
Recognizes an undergraduate transfer student for significant contributions to the Santa Clara community.
- 2018: Brooke Watson
- 2017: George Giannos
- 2016: Sarabella Muise
- 2015: Robert Bernal
Recognizes a first year student for significant contributions to the Santa Clara community.
- 2018: Mai Sinada
- 2017: Maria Glorioso
- 2016: Drew Descourouez
- 2015: Jack Herstam
- 2014: Kassamira Carter-Howard
Office for Multicultural Learning Awards
Meaning "keep going" or "move forward" in Hawaiian, this award recognizes a student or student organization that has demonstrated progressive leadership on campus by challenging the status quo, pushing the borders of our comfort zones, and living the values of diversity and inclusion at Santa Clara.
- 2018: Undocumented Students & Allies Association (USAA)
- 2017: Marlene Cerritos-Rivas
- 2016: Barkada
- 2015: Igwebuike
- 2014: Students for a Just Coalition
Office of Residence Life Awards
Awarded to the Community Council that demonstrated great leadership and went above and beyond for their community.
- 2018: Unity RLC
- 2017: CyPhi RLC
- 2016: Communitas RLC
- 2015: Unity RLC
Wellness Center Awards
Bronco Health Award: Peer Health
- 2018: Iaisha Sadat, Marvah Gorlorwulu & Victoria Juarez
Bronco Health Award: Violence Prevention
- 2018: Sean Scanlon & Anjali Rangaswami
Email email@example.com if you have questions about the nomination process or ceremony.
For More Information
Contact: Lori Salazar