The Center for Student for Student Involvement (CSI) is here to support all CSOs and RSOs during this difficult time as our campus community is impacted in direct and indirect ways by COVID-19.
Last updated on November 17, 2020, 9:00am PST.
UPDATE AS OF NOVEMBER 17: Petty cash and cash advance services managed by CSI are temporarily unavailable until we are able to return to campus and open our office at the Locatelli Center on a regular basis.
UPDATE AS OF NOVEMBER 12: The information listed below about events, meetings, tabling, and finances are now also for the winter quarter. Information is subject to change as state and county health and safety regulations evolve concerning the pandemic.
UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 14: Information about Zoom usage and gift cards have been added (scroll to the bottom of this webpage).
UPDATE AS OF SEPTEMBER 13: Information about contracts and approved expenses have been updated.
UPDATE AS OF AUGUST 31: The information listed below about events, meetings, tabling, and finances are for the fall quarter. Information is subject to change as state and county health and safety regulations evolve concerning the pandemic.
UPDATE AS OF JULY 2: The Event Planning Request Form has been temporarily turned off until further notice. CSI is not presently accepting any reservation requests at this time.
- All students associated with CSOs and RSOs are expected to comply with the guidelines and expectations stated in this document.
- Any non-compliance may result in sanctions as adjudicated by the student organization sanction system.
- Everything described below applies no matter where you are located in the country or the world.
- All events should be virtual until further notice.
- All meetings should be virtual until further notice.
- No tabling is permitted until further notice.
- This includes tabling at Benson Memorial Center and other locations around campus.
- Outdoor spaces:
- Outdoor spaces are not reservable until further notice.
- Physical activities:
- Physical activities include dance, sports, and other activities that involve physical exertion.
- Physical activities are not permitted until further notice.
- Off-campus trips and activities:
- Off-campus trips and activities are not permitted until further notice.
- This includes volunteering off site.
- Travel is not permitted until further notice.
- This includes domestic and international travel.
- Van fleet:
- The fleet of 4 mini vans that are available to CSOs and RSOs is not operational until further notice.
- Food and drink:
- Since all events and meetings are to be virtual, food and drink expenses are not permitted until further notice.
- Requests for reimbursement for food and drink expenses will not be approved.
- Non-SCU individuals and groups (guests):
- Guests such as performers, speakers, audience members, and served communities are not permitted on campus until further notice.
- Contracts typically cover performers, speakers, services, caterers, etc. and are required to pay them.
- All contracts must be reviewed and approved by Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director).
- A contract may be rejected if it does not comply with any of the regulations described above.
Petty Cash & Cash Advances
- Petty cash and cash advance services managed by CSI are temporarily unavailable until we are able to return to campus and open our office at the Locatelli Center on a regular basis.
- If your student organization needs to make a payment where cash is preferred, contact Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director) at email@example.com to learn about what other options are available.
Purchases, Payments, Reimbursements & Deposits:
- Approved expenses:
- If your student organization needs to make any purchases, payments, or reimbursements, they need to be reviewed and approved first by Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director) and/or Arcelia Rodriguez (CSI Administrative Assistant).
- Any expenses incurred without approval will be the responsibility of the student(s) to cover on their own and may not be eligible for reimbursement by SCU.
- Purchasing cards (SCU credit card):
- Any requests to make purchases using the SCU credit card need to be reviewed and approved first by Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director).
- If approved, Tedd will make the purchase on behalf of your student organization.
- Payments and reimbursements:
- Your budget manager (or equivalent position) must submit payment and reimbursement requests to Arcelia Rodriguez (CSI Administrative Assistant) in a timely manner but no later than the end of the current quarter.
- Required documents:
- Expense Request Form (RSOs only).
- All associated receipts and invoices.
- Arcelia may request additional documents if needed.
- Document submission process:
- Email documents to Arcelia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have a way to scan documents to email as attachments, the next best thing is to take a picture of each document with your phone and email them as picture files.
- Be sure that each picture is clear and cleanly cropped in the viewing window of your phone's camera.
Gift cards to use as prizes are acceptable as long as they adhere to the following:
- Each gift card cannot have a value greater than $50.
- Gift cards can be purchased as "door prizes" but cannot be given directly to specific people (there needs to be an equal chance of all participants earning the gift cards).
- Raffles and random drawings are highly recommended.
- Once you determine who the winners are of each gift card, contact Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director) at email@example.com with their full names and email addresses so he can purchase and help distribute the gift cards.
Zoom Safety & Options
- General resources for using Zoom and its various features.
- Zoom privacy settings to ensure online safety.
Zoom for speaker and panel events:
- Zoom allows you to spotlight multiple people if you are doing a speaker series or panel discussion; this is helpful in unifying what your participants see in larger meetings and events.
- Click here to learn more about spotlighting people in Zoom.
- The following options are available:
- 100 Participants: $20 per 7 days (unlimited webinar sessions & practice session).
- 500 participants: $60 per 7 days (unlimited webinar sessions & practice session).
- 7 days will include setting up the webinar, including practice sessions and rehearsals, running actual events, and running and downloading reports and videos.
- If a technician is needed to lead practice sessions and actual event support, there will be an extra charge.
- To learn more, contact Media Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom for different audience sizes:
- The regular Zoom platform allows audience sizes of up to 300 people including hosts, presenters, speakers, etc.
- If your audience will be more than 300 people and they will be simply watching (no audience participation), then you can stream it live on Panopto; contact Media Services at email@example.com to request a Panopto live stream.
- However, if your audience will be more than 300 people and they will be expected to actively participate (versus simply watching), then there is a Zoom Webinar option; contact Media Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
If your organization has any questions, issues, or concerns about any of the above, please contact Tedd Vanadilok (CSI Director) and/or Lori Salazar (CSI Assistant Director for Student Organizations).