Allocations to CSOs
Chartered student organizations (CSOs) are managed on a self-supporting principle using student activity fees allocated by the University as well as revenue generated from programs, subscriptions, and other means. The student activity fee is a percentage of the overall tuition and fees paid by each undergraduate student designated by the University to support the programs, activities, and services of the CSOs. For more information:
Allocations to RSOs
By attending a quarterly training, an RSO will gain access to $100 for that quarter. However, keep in mind that any unspent funds from one quarter does not carry over to the next quarter. Be sure to spend all $100 before the quarter ends or else your RSO will lose whatever amount remains from that allocation.
RSOs may also petition ASG for discretionary funding. With a few exceptions, discretionary funding may not carry over from one quarter to another. There are two types of deadlines for funding petitions:
- If the request is for $1,000 or less, then the funding petition may be submitted any time during the academic year.
- If the request is for more than $1,000, then the funding petition is due by a particular deadline each quarter:
- For Fall 2017 events: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 5:00pm; RSOs will then present to the ASG Senate on Thursday, September 28.
- For Winter 2018 events: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 5:00pm; RSOs will then present to the ASG Senate on Thursday, October 26.
- For Spring 2018 events (early round): Monday, February 12, 2018, 5:00pm; RSOs will then present to the ASG Senate on Thursday, February 15.
- For Spring 2018 events (late round): Monday, April 9, 2018, 5:00pm; RSOs will then present to the ASG Senate on Thursday, April 12.
- Voting on discretionary funding by the ASG Senate will take place the week after RSOs present.
- RSOs will be informed of funding decisions shortly after the ASG Senate vote.
If your RSO received either quarterly funding ($100), discretionary funding, or both from ASG, then you can access these funds by submitting an Expense Request Form as well as receipts and invoices. Blank forms can be found at the Locatelli Student Activity Center by the front desk. Submit all documents at the front desk in the appropriate tray for RSOs.
The aggregate amount on submitted receipts and invoices will be deducted from the amount allocated by ASG. If the aggregate amount on submitted receipts and invoices is more than the amount allocated by ASG, then other sources of funding such as fund-raised dollars will be used to cover the difference.
Note: Arcelia Rodriguez or ASG does not hand out cash if your RSO is granted quarterly funding and/or discretionary funding.
For More Information
Contact: Tedd Vanadilok