What is a Reimbursement?
If your student organization pays for expenses out-of-pocket (i.e. personal cash, check, credit card, or debit card), then you can request reimbursement for the amount spent as long as your organization has sufficient funds in your fund accounts. Reimbursement requests are paid in one of two ways:
- Via cash if reimbursement is less than $250
- Via check if reimbursement is $250 or more
A cash reimbursement under $250 will be available within a week (on average) of submitting the Expense Request Form and accompanying receipts and invoices. A check reimbursement for $250 or more will be issued 10 business days after Accounts Payable receives the request.
Request a Reimbursement
To request a reimbursement:
- For chartered student organizations (CSOs), submit a Payment Request Form along with the appropriate receipts and invoices to Arcelia Rodriguez at the Locatelli Student Activity Center.
- For registered student organizations (RSOs), submit an Expense Request Form along with the appropriate receipts and invoices in the tray for RSOs at the front desk of the Locatelli Student Activity Center.
- If reimbursing from ASG quarterly funds or discretionary funds, reimbursement requests are due within 10 business days after the purchase or event.
- If reimbursing from RSO club funds, reimbursement requests are due within 30 business days after the purchase or event.
Receipts & Invoices
Receipts and invoices are the most common proofs of purchase. When submitting receipts and invoices, tape them to an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper and make a copy for yourself. Staples and paperclips are not acceptable (tape only).
Invalid Proofs of Purchase
Keep in mind the following are not valid proofs of purchase to process reimbursements:
- Personal checking account and credit card statements
- Receipts that are not itemized
- Invoices that are not marked as "Paid" or do not have a $0 balance