Rolling Admissions Process: We currently utilize a rolling admissions process that is based on a space-available basis for each quarter. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their applications early. You will be informed of a decision after your online application has been submitted and all supporting documentation have been received.
NOTE: Due to high enrollment in Counseling Psychology programs, we are currently running a waitlist system where all the application files are reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be informed of the decision after the quarter deadline they have applied for.
Here are some important things to note with respect to our rolling admissions process:
- We will begin reviewing all completed applications as they are submitted. You do not need to wait until the application deadline to submit your application.
- Our deadlines serve as guidelines for you and us, from an application processing standpoint - there are certain incentives to applying before or by the deadlines because your application will be considered earlier.
- The earlier you apply increases your chances for space availability in our programs each quarter. So this may also increase your chances to be considered for admission for your preferred quarter of enrollment.
- If you apply early and are not a competitive applicant at that time, you may still have time to work on some of the areas of your application that require further attention in time for the next quarter of enrollment. If a candidate has a strong potential for admission, yet is lacking in a specific area that may be addressed, we will provide feedback as to the steps you can take to increase your chances for admission.
2015-16 Application Deadlines:
Counseling Psychology Programs:
|Fall 2015||May 15, 2015|
|Winter 2016||October 16, 2015|
|Spring 2016||January 15, 2016|
|Summer 2016||March 11, 2016|
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016|
All Education Programs:
|Fall 2015||September 01, 2015|
|Winter 2016||November 06, 2015|
|Spring 2016||February 12, 2016|
|Summer 2016||April 08, 2016|
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016|
MATTC candidates spend an entire academic year in a clinical practice school placement. This field placement begins in August and ends in June.
In order to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2015 and complete the preliminary multiple or single subject teaching credential requirements in June 2016, MATTC credential candidates must meet the following conditions:
1. Begin program coursework no later than July 27, 2015.
2. Secure CTC-authorized documentation of fingerprint clearance (a Certificate of Clearance, 30-Day Substitute Permit, or other CTC certification) before August 7, 2015.
3. Provide official documentation of negative results on a tuberculosis (TB) test before August 7, 2015.
MATTC credential candidates who do not meet these conditions by the specified dates will complete the MATTC program in two years. They may take two designated MATTC courses beginning in Fall Mini-Term 2015 and ending in Spring 2016. These candidates will be eligible to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2016 and complete MATTC in June 2017.
|Quarter||Application deadlines||Session dates||Weeks in this session||Clinical practice placement begins in||If you start now, you can expect to finish in…|
|Fall 2015||August 21, 2015||Sept 21 – Dec 4, 2015||10||August 2016||June 2017|
|Winter 2016||November 6, 2015||Jan 4 - Mar 11, 2016||10||August 2016||June 2017|
|Spring 2016||February 12, 2016||Mar 28 – Jun 3, 2016||10||August 2016||June 2017|
|Summer presession*2016||April 8, 2016||June 13-17, 2016||1||August 2016||June 2017|
|Summer Miniterm 2016*||April 8, 2016||June 20 – July 22, 2016||5||August 2016||June 2017|
|Fall Presession*2016||April 8, 2016||July 25 - 29, 2016||1||August 2016||June 2017|
|NO ADMISSION||Aug 1 – Sept 2, 2016||5||August 2017||June 2018|
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016||Sept 9 – Dec 2, 2016||10||August 2017||June 2018|
International students for MATTC program are eligible to apply only in regular Fall and Winter quarters.
*One year MATTC program option available to complete for applicants who apply/begin during the sessions indicated. Summer Pre-Session, Summer Mini-Term and Fall Pre-Session count as a "Summer Term" for application purposes.
If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to call our Graduate Admissions and Student Services Coordinator at 408-551-3422 or email email@example.com.
Spring 2016 Deadlines
|Counseling Psychology Programs||Jan 15, 2016|
|All Education Programs||Feb 12, 2016|