Rolling Admissions Process: We currently utilize a rolling admissions process that is based on a space-available basis for each quarter. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their applications early. You will be informed of a decision after your online application has been submitted and all supporting documentation have been received.
NOTE: Due to high enrollment in Counseling Psychology programs, we are currently running a waitlist system where all the application files are reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be informed of the decision after the quarter deadline they have applied for.
Here are some important things to note with respect to our rolling admissions process:
- We will begin reviewing all completed applications as they are submitted. You do not need to wait until the application deadline to submit your application.
- Our deadlines serve as guidelines for you and us, from an application processing standpoint - there are certain incentives to applying before or by the deadlines because your application will be considered earlier.
- The earlier you apply increases your chances for space availability in our programs each quarter. So this may also increase your chances to be considered for admission for your preferred quarter of enrollment.
- If you apply early and are not a competitive applicant at that time, you may still have time to work on some of the areas of your application that require further attention in time for the next quarter of enrollment. If a candidate has a strong potential for admission, yet is lacking in a specific area that may be addressed, we will provide feedback as to the steps you can take to increase your chances for admission.
2016-17 Application Deadlines:
|Priority Application Deadline||March 01, 2016|
|Priority Interviews||March 19, 2016|
|Primary Selection Notification||March 25, 2016|
|Second Application deadline||April 01, 2016|
|Second Interviews||April 16, 2016|
|Second Selection Noitifcation||April 22, 2016|
|Commitment Deadline||April 30, 2016|
*not all applicants are guaranteed an interview
Counseling Psychology Programs:
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016|
|Winter 2017||October 14, 2016|
|Spring 2017||January 13, 2017|
|Summer 2017||March 10, 2017|
|Fall 2017||May 12, 2017|
All Education Programs:
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016|
|Fall 2016 - Education Leadership Programs||June 13, 2016|
|Fall 2016 - MA in Interdisciplinary Education||June 13, 2016|
|Fall 2016 - Clear Credential Program||June 13, 2016|
|Winter 2017||November 04, 2016|
|Spring 2017||February 10, 2017|
|Summer 2017||April 07, 2017|
|Fall 2017||May 12, 2017|
MATTC candidates spend an entire academic year in a clinical practice school placement. This field placement begins in August and ends in June.
In order to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2015 and complete the preliminary multiple or single subject teaching credential requirements in June 2016, MATTC credential candidates must meet the following conditions:
1. Begin program coursework no later than July 27, 2015.
2. Secure CTC-authorized documentation of fingerprint clearance (a Certificate of Clearance, 30-Day Substitute Permit, or other CTC certification) before August 7, 2015.
3. Provide official documentation of negative results on a tuberculosis (TB) test before August 7, 2015.
MATTC credential candidates who do not meet these conditions by the specified dates will complete the MATTC program in two years. They may take two designated MATTC courses beginning in Fall Mini-Term 2015 and ending in Spring 2016. These candidates will be eligible to begin a clinical practice field placement in August 2016 and complete MATTC in June 2017.
|Quarter||Application deadlines||Session dates||Weeks in this session||Clinical practice placement begins in||If you start now, you can expect to finish in…|
|Summer presession*2016||April 08, 2016||June 13- June 17, 2016||1||August 1, 2016||June 1, 2017|
|Summer Miniterm 2016*||April 08, 2016||June 20 – July 22, 2016||5||August 1, 2016||June 1, 2017|
|Fall Presession*2016||April 08, 2016||July 25 - July 29, 2016||1||August 1, 2016||June 1, 2017|
|Fall Miniterm||NO ADMISSION||Aug 1 – Sept 2, 2016||5||August 1, 2017||June 1, 2018|
|Fall 2016||May 13, 2016||Sept 19 – Dec 2, 2016||10||August 1, 2017||June 1, 2018|
|Winter 2017||November 04, 2016||Jan 9 – March 17, 2017||10||August 1, 2017||June 1, 2018|
|Spring 2017||February 10, 2017||
April 3 – June 9, 2017
|10||August 1, 2017||June 1, 2018|
International students for MATTC program are eligible to apply only in regular Fall and Winter quarters.
*One year MATTC program option available to complete for applicants who apply/begin during the sessions indicated. Summer Pre-Session, Summer Mini-Term and Fall Pre-Session count as a "Summer Term" for application purposes.
If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to call our Graduate Admissions and Student Services Coordinator at 408-551-3422 or email email@example.com.
|Winter 2017 Deadlines|
|Counseling Psychology Programs||Oct 14, 2016|
|All Education Programs||Nov 04, 2016|