Scholarship Application Requirements
The Coaching for Life Academy is committed to providing educational and growth opportunities for all coaches. The objective of this fund is to grant scholarships to deserving sports coaches who are dedicated to making life skills development a priority in sports.
Tuition for our comprehensive certificate program is $2,250. We offer $2000 and $1000 scholarships for coaches who want to complete the program but are in need of financial assistance. Scholarships cover the cost of tuition only and do not include the travel expenses associated with the culmination weekend on Santa Clara’s campus.
How to apply for a scholarship:
- Complete your online application to the Coaching for Life certificate program.
- Have two references submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Letters of recommendation should be submitted separately and come directly from the individual writing the recommendation.
- Answer the following questions and submit your responses as a letter or an attachment to either of the addresses below.
- Summarize your proudest accomplishment as a coach.
- What is your greatest personal challenge as a coach?
- Describe a coaching experience when you made, or wish you had made, life skills development a priority.
- What motivates you to be a coach?
All submissions should be sent to either of the following:
SCU Coaching for Life Academy
Leavey Center, 2nd floor
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
The Coaching for Life Academy will review submissions and letters of recommendation, and applicants will be notified whether or not they have been awarded a scholarship within ten days of the dates listed below. Deadlines for all items are as follows:
- October 1, 2017 for November 1 start
- January 1, 2018 for February 1 start
- April 1, 2018 for May 1 start
- July 1, 2018 for August 1 start