How to Apply to ExCEL
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in the liberal arts or sciences.
- Be interested, energetic and enthusiastic about working with underserved students.
- Understand that this is a three-year commitment of service.
- Be willing to live harmoniously in a small community with peer teachers.
- Apply and be accepted into the School of Education and Counseling Psychology's (SECP) Master of Arts in Teaching and Teaching Credential (MATTC) Program and the Excellence in Catholic Education and Leadership (ExCEL) Program.
- Be accepted for employment by the Diocese of San Jose.
- Have a passion and desire for working in Catholic education.
- If you are currently admitted to the MATTC Program, submit your additional personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will serve as your ExCEL application.
- If you are NOT currently admitted to the MATTC Program, please complete the MATTC online application.