The Multimedia Coding and Processing Lab was founded by Dr. Nam Ling and is dedicated to the research of image and video coding (compression and decompression) and processing with visual processing and deep learning methods.
Besides Dr. Ling, the lab team currently consists of 3 visiting scholars, 6 Ph.D. students, 1 M.S. student, and 3 faculty collaborators. The team meets every Thursday at 12:30 p.m. to present and discuss research. The lab is equipped with fast multi-core workstations and GPUs, as well as different software. We collaborate with 5 universities and 1 company.
- Intra predictions for VVC (JVET “H.266”) coding standard.
- Deep learning approaches to video coding.
- Video and image coding for machines.
- Deep learned auto-encoder for image compression.
- Deep CNN for moving object detection.
- Deep learning for video compressive sensing.
- Sparse coding for screen content video.
Room 311, 455 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, California, U.S.A