- Droplet microfluidic platform for the determination of single-cell lactate release, Analytical Chemistry, 88, 3257-3263 (2016).
- Three-dimensional matrix stiffness and adhesive ligands affect cancer cell response to toxins, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 113, 443-452 (2016).
- Experimental Investigation of mechanical and thermal properties of silica nanoparticle-reinforced poly(acrylamide) nanocomposite hydrogels. PLoS One, 10, e0136293 (2015).
- A novel 2.5D culture platform to investigate the role of stiffness gradients on adhesion-independent cell migration, PLoS One, 9, e110453 (2014).
- Role of three-dimensional matrix stiffness in regulating the response of human neural cells to toxins, Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 7, 278-284 (2014).
- Function, structure, and stability of enzymes confined in agarose gels, PLoS One, 9, e86785 (2014).
- Soft microenvironments promote the early neurogenic differentiation but not self-renewal of human pluripotent stem cells, Integrative Biology, 4, 1049-1058 (2012).
- Directed evolution of adeno-associated virus for enhanced gene delivery and gene targeting in human pluripotent stem cells, Molecular Therapy, 20, 329-338 (2012).
- An evolved adeno-associated viral variant enhances gene delivery and gene targeting in neural stem cells, Molecular Therapy, 19, 667-675 (2011).
- Polymer-nanotube-enzyme composites as active antifoulding films, Small, 3, 50-53 (2007).
- Protein directed formation of silver nanoparticles on carbon nanotubes, Advanced Materials, 19, 3167-3170 (2007).
- Nanotube-enzyme conjugates in room temperature ionic liquids, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 143, 153-164 (2007).
- Directed assembly of carbon nanotubes at liquid-liquid interfaces, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 128, 1046-1047 (2006).
- Increasing protein stability through control of the nanoscale environment, Langmuir, 22, 5833-5836 (2006).
Reviews, Books, and Book Chapters
- Advances in homology directed genetic engineering of human pluripotent stem cells (Invited Review), World Journal of Stem Cells, 5, 98-105 (2013).
- Developments in Biotechnology and Bioprocessing, American Chemical Society Symposium Series, Volume 1125 (2013).
- Delivery of therapeutics using carbon nanomaterials (Invited Book Chapter), Applications of Nanomaterials, American Scientific Publishers (2013).
- Biomolecule-nanomaterial interactions: Effect on biomolecule structure, function, and stability, Biological Interactions on Nanomaterial Surfaces, Springer, 97-114 (2009).
- Preparation and characterization of carbon nanotube-protein conjugates, Methods in Bioengineering, Artech House, 1-23 (2009).
- Protein-carbon nanotube conjugates, ACS Symposium Series, 986, 100-115 (2008).
- The protein-nanomaterial interface, Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 17, 562-568 (2006).
Selected Conference Presentations
- Investigating cancer cell migration guided by stiffness gradients, AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2016.
- Studying the effects of functionalized multi-wall carbon nanotubes on mechanical and thermal properties of epoxy composites, Materials Science and Engineering Conference, Orlando, FL, September 2015.
- Bioengineering design and innovation: Teaching an entrepreneurial mindset to undergraduate bioengineers, KEEN Winter Conference, Tempe, AZ, January 2015.
- Role of 3D matrix stiffness and cell-matrix interactions in regulating the response of human cancer cells to cytotoxic compounds, AIChE Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, November 2014.
- Elucidating mechanisms behind cell migration at polystyrene-hydrogel interfaces, CMBE Conference, La Jolla, CA, January 2014.
- Fundamentals and applications of nanomaterial-biomolecule interactions, AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2013. (Invited talk)
- Investigating the relationships between mechanical and thermal properties of hydrogel nanocomposites, MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA, April 2013.
- AAV-mediated gene delivery and gene targeting in human embryonic stem cells, ASGCT Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, May 2011.
- Microarray biochips for high-throughput metabolic toxicity assessment of drugs, ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, August 2009.
- Miniaturized three-dimensional cell culture and metabolic enzyme arrays for high-throughput toxicity assays, Forinvitox Forum Event, Sweden, May 2009.
- Structure, function, and stability of enzymes covalently attached to oxidized carbon nanotubes, AICHE Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, November 2008.
- Enzyme-nanomaterial conjugates: Opportunities for functionally organized materials, 12th Mexican Biotechnology and Bioengineering Meeting, Mexico, June 2007.
- Biologically-enabled and inspired design of hierarchically-organized functional and responsive materials, ACS National Meeting, Washington, D.C., August 2005.