Ph.D., University of Notre Dame 1982
M.S., Stanford University 1976
B.S. Santa Clara University 1975
Biological waste treatment processes, wastewater reclamation
- CENG 115 Civil Engineering Materials
- CENG 143 Environmental Engineering
For a list of Civil Engineering course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Courses page.
- Santa Clara University School of Engineering Outstanding Teaching Award, 2003
- ASCE Outstanding Service Award / San Francisco Section, 2003
- Santa Clara University Brutacao Teaching Award, 1996
- ASCE Service Award / Student Chapter Advisor, multiple years
- University of Minnesota, Institute of Technology Outstanding Professor Award, 1986
- University of Minnesota, University Student-Alumni Association Citation of Merit, 1986
- Chiesa, S.C., "Social Justice Issues in Civil/Public Works Engineering Projects," Explore (A quarterly examination of Catholic identity and Ignatian character in Jesuit higher education), 4(1), pp. 11-16, 2000.
- Chiesa, S.C., "Growth and Control of Filamentous Micobes in Wastewater Management Systems," in Biodegradation Technology Developments, Volume II, S.K. Sikdar and R.L. Irvine (eds.), Technomic Publishing Company, Lancaster, PA, pp. 1-34, 1998.
Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering