What's new in the ECC: Changes for Fall 2021
In the computing labs:
- ECC lab availability: The ECC computer labs will be open 8am - 12M daily. Heafey-Bergin will be accessible to STEM students 24x7, using their ACCESS credential.
- Lab monitors: We expect to staff the desk (on the first floor of Heafey) from 8am - 12M daily.
- ECC computers support SmartPrint.
- The printing quota for Engineering students has been transferred to the SmartPrint program.
- More information about SmartPrint
- ECC computers now use your standard SCU Username and Password. Accounts are automatically created for students enrolled in Engineering classes.
- There are three new labs in Heafey-Bergin:
- The lab in Heafey 203 (formerly the Mac lab) has been updated with new Linux workstations.
- This year, we're introducing LabStats on the Windows lab computers. This is to track workstation and license utilization, and to help inform decision-making about future hardware and software purchases.
- Remote access to the labs from off-campus requires logging in to the SCU VPN first.
- We are streamlining the remote-access methods we offer:
- VDI: for remote access to the ECC Windows platform
- SSH: for remote access to the ECC Linux platform using the command-line interface
- NoMachine: for remote access to the ECC Linux platform using the graphical interface
- More information about remote access
Networking and security changes:
- For campus WiFi, use eduroam; for IOT devices, use BroncoFi. More information about campus WiFi
- Access to devices on the Engineering network from off campus requires logging in to the SCU VPN first.
- Microsoft 365 is available to students through SSO on the SCU Login page.
- MATLAB and Simulink are available through a campus-wide license.
What's not changing?
The ECC team is still here for you!