2022 Order of the Engineer Induction Ceremony
This year's Order of the Engineer Ceremony will take place in person on Thursday, June 2 at 4 p.m. Registration is required.
The Order is a symbolic organization that seeks to promote responsibility and ethics in the profession, and pride and fellowship among engineers who commit themselves to these public service ideals.
Membership is voluntary and is offered to:
- Seniors in ABET-accredited programs who will graduate by December 2022; SCU's Bioengineering, General Engineering, and Web Design and Engineering are all welcome;
- Graduate students enrolled in engineering programs housed in departments that administer ABET-accredited undergraduate programs;
- Those who hold a bachelor’s engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program;
- Licensed professional engineers.
At the initiation ceremony, the applicant accepts the Obligation of the Order and receives a certificate and a stainless steel ring to be worn on the little finger of the working hand. This is a formal event, so we ask that you please wear business attire. The ceremony is the only meeting an applicant will be required to attend.
A one-time fee of $20.00* (charged through SCU eMarket) covers the costs which include the participant’s ring, certificate, one-time national membership fee, and event participation. You MUST be present to receive your ring and certificate.
* There will be no refunds as your materials will be prepared for you prior to the event
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2022 at 4 p.m.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Nicole Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, please click the following three links below to complete these steps: 1) Measure the little finger on your working hand, 2) Register for the event, and 3) Pay the one-time fee: