Academic courses, events & programs are scheduled though Ad Astra. The scheduler fosters effective utilization of Santa Clara's facilities & grounds.
Log-in using the link below. You may also find the Astra app through the MySCU Portal. New users may request accounts. Most users are granted standard role as an event requester. Please mention in comments section if you are requesting enhanced security permissions, such as scheduling rights. The appropriate building manager and/or office will be contacted for approval.
While the majority of campus space is reservable through Astra, a significant amount remains offline. Event Planning maintains a list of schedulers both on and off Astra. Please note that the contact information changes often. Request space directly via the event request forms for those schedulers listed under Astra. For those schedulers offline, contact them directly to inquire about reservations.
The Sustaining Excellence Project called for the implementation of best event planning practices (IDEA 15). Part of the strategy involves universal adoption of Astra. Benefits include:
- Event Planning Office/Info Desk can better guide event attendees to correct venue and/or organizer
- enhance space management, including accurate room inventories
- maximize utilization of facilities, especially during major construction
- Campus Safety Services can view all activities in emergencies
- improve institutional capacity to plan large scale events
- enforce uniform policies across all space
- prevent scheduling conflicts
Implementation is planned for the near future. Stay tuned for updates.