Fr. Coz Scholarship
Pause for Coz
About Pause for Coz
To Fellow SCU Alumni and Friends of Father Coz:
My name is Steve Erbst, class of '88. Like many of you, I am a good friend/fan of Father Coz. As I reflect on my SCU experience ranging from playing soccer, being a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon, economics classes, and supporting friends through their sporting events, my memories in class, or at games with Fr. Coz are extensive. It seems we could always count on his support as many of us participated in soccer, football, basketball, lacrosse, water polo, or rugby. I suspect there is also a common Coz thread among all of us in our post – SCU life with wedding ceremonies and baptisms that have involved Padre.
Nine years ago, my goal of creating a scholarship in the name of Fr. Coz became a reality. It has been extremely rewarding seeing the hundreds of Fr. Coz friends join my family in supporting current students in the name of Fr. Coz. This past year the fund has crested the $1,200,000 mark and awarded its fourteenth scholarship.
What can you do to help?
• Join us for our 10th annual Pause for Coz Celebration on April 9, 2016.
• Spread the word about the Pause for Coz Endowed Scholarship.
• Help us continue to build the Fr. Coz Scholarship. Make your gift today to the Fr. Coz Scholarship.
I realize that we all contribute in our own way to Santa Clara and/or have other financial commitments, so I sincerely appreciate any support that you could provide to ensure the success of this scholarship.
Steve Erbst '88
A Million Reasons to Give
For those of us whose SCU experience included Fr. Coz, we have a million reasons to be grateful for his influence. In that spirit, we ask you to join us in helping build the Pause for Coz Endowed Scholarship. Currently two students receive the scholarship each year and we hope to double the number of students we support each year to four, while honoring Fr. Coz and his “Living Legacy.”
Make your gift today to the Fr. Coz Scholarship.
- April 2008 – Scholarship exceeds $230,000 Meghan McCormick '08 and Michael Medeiros '09 are awarded scholarships.
- May 2009 – Scholarship exceeds $300,000 and Catherine Duyn '11 and Colin Niedermeyer '10 are awarded scholarships.
- May 2010 – Scholarship exceeds $500,000 and Catherine Duyn '11 and Michael Calcagno '11 are awarded scholarships.
- April 2011 – Scholarship exceeds $600,000 and Stephanie Carmassi '12 and Luke Kelly '12 are awarded scholarships.
- March 2012 – Scholarship exceeds $710,000 and Sara Aliotti '13 and Stephen Anderson '13 are awarded scholarships.
- April 2013 – Scholarship exceeds $900,000 and William Whitesides '15 and Catherine Haupt '14 are awarded scholarships.
- December 2013 – Scholarship exceeds $1,000,000 and William Whitesides '15 and Sara Vierra '15 are awarded scholarships.
- January 2015 – Scholarship exceeds $1,200,000.
Please consider making your first gift or renewing your gift commitment over the 2014-2015 fiscal year. Donations to the Father Coz Endowed Scholarship will not only contribute to the financial needs of these two students going forward, but will enable us to help additional students.