Announcing the Global Engagement Photo Contest for Winter Quarter 2019! Any photos that capture your international experience on an SCU program are welcome.
The submission rules are purposefully broad, so get creative and submit your best photos. This year the winners will be split into two categories: People and Places. How was life there different? What locations moved you? What images of the culture captured your imagination? Remember, the photos are about your experience, not you. Avoid clichés - no jumping-in-front-of-monument-photos! If you are currently an international student at SCU, please note that your photos do not have to be from campus.
Two first place winners will receive a $75 Amazon gift card, and two second place winners will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Selected finalists will be posted on the Global Engagement homepage, Instagram, and in the library during Spring Quarter.
Submission Rules and Deadline:
- Email your photo submission and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Wednesday, February 26th, 2020.
- Only photos taken from the beginning of Spring Quarter 2018 and ending Winter Quarter 2019 will be accepted. If you are currently abroad you can still enter!
- Global Programs encompasses ALL SCU programs abroad, including Study Abroad, Immersions, fellowships, internships/externship, student leadership programs, senior design projects, etc.
- International students are welcome to submit any photos from their experiences living in the United States.
- Each contestant can submit a maximum of 5 photos.
- All photos must be must be at least 3,000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 3,000 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- All emails must include:
- First and last name
- Year of graduation
- “People” or “Places”
- Global Entries should also include:
- SCU program name
- Term you participated in your program abroad
- One to three sentences describing your photo as well as the experience during the photo itself
- Title of your photo
- Include the signed Photo Release Form
Photo Contest Voting Party
On Wednesday, March 4th from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm, there will be a voting party for students, staff and faculty to vote for their favorites. Pizza and soft drinks will be served.
Please feel free to contact Wade Peng with any questions at email@example.com or X3085