Getting to SCU
Santa Clara University is located 2.7 miles from Downtown San Jose, near the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay, in the area referred to locally as the "South Bay". SCU is easily accessible by three international airports and public transit.
Varsi Hall is home to the departments of Study Abroad, International Students and Scholars, and the Associate Provost for International Programs. Note there is also a different building called "Vari Hall" across campus.
Santa Clara University is a STARS Gold Rated campus for Sustainability. Use of public transportation is strongly encouraged to promote our strategic goals related to being a sustainable campus.
Listings below do not connote endorsement by Santa Clara University.
Getting to Campus by Public Transit:
The Santa Clara Transit Center is conveniently located directly across the street from the Santa Clara campus and is served by several types of public transportation:
- Caltrain (local rail)
- Capitol Corridor train (regional heavy rail)
- VTA (bus)
- SCU Airport Flyer bus #10 (free)
- Amtrak train (state and national rail)
Getting to Campus by Car:
Getting to the area by airport:
San Jose Airport (SJC) is located 2.8 miles from SCU. To reach campus from the airport:
- Free Airport Flyer (Bus #10) to/from SCJ and Santa Clara Caltrain Station, which is walking distance from SCU
San Francisco Airport (SFO) is located 45 miles from SCU. To reach campus from the airport:
- Take BART rail service from inside SFO to Millbrae Caltrain station. Change from BART to Caltrain which you can take to the Santa Clara Caltrain station
- Airport shuttle
Oakland Airport (OAK) is located 43 miles from SCU.
Getting Around the Bay Area:
- BART – Bay Area Rapid Transit
- Muni – San Francisco Municipal Railway
Altamont Commuter Express – Rail service between Stockton and San Jose
Bus Paths – in Santa Clara County
Caltrain – Daily rail service between Gilroy and San Francisco – Stops in front of the University
SamTrans – San Mateo County Transit District
Traffic Conditions – Link to sfgate.com traffic updates
VTA – Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- ZipCar - SCU and ZipCar Partnership