All international students are required to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee prior to visa issuance or Change of Status application.
Pay Your SEVIS Fee
All F-1 and J-1 students, and scholars are required to pay a government fee which helps maintain the SEVIS immigration system.
All eligible students should pay their SEVIS fee online (at https://www.fmjfee.com).
If you are a from Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, the Gambia, please see the special instructions below.
You will be required to have the following information to pay your SEVIS Fee:
- SEVIS ID Number
- Last Name (as known as Family Name, Surname or Primary Name)
- Given Name (which is your First Name and Middle Name)
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Country of Citizenship
- Country of Birth
- Credit Card
*You should enter your name exactly as it appears on your passport and I-20. If you have questions, contact ISS@scu.edu
The I-901 Fee Form will ask for your School Code, make sure to enter the code correctly as below:
- Santa Clara University's main campus located in Santa Clara, California (all students except the Jesuit School of Theology) is SFR214F00607000
- Jesuit School of Theology located in Berkeley, California is SFR214F00607001
You can learn more about the SEVIS Fee Payment Process at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/paying-the-i-901-sevis-fee
Special SEVIS Payment Instructions for students from Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Gambia
You are required to complete an I-901 Form and pay a SEVIS Fee. You may NOT submit any credit card payment for your SEVIS I-901 Fee. You must pay by one of the following methods.
For more information please see: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq
RECOMMENDED: Payment by Check or Money Order
- Must be an international money order or a foreign draft
- Must be drawn on a financial institution in the United States
- Must be payable in United States currency.
Checks must be from one of the following:
- Banks chartered or operated in the United States
- Foreign subsidiaries of United States banks
- Foreign banks that have an arrangement with a United States bank to issue a check, money order or foreign draft that is drawn on a United States bank.
Make checks and money orders payable to: I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
When paying by check or money order there are two options:
- Internet-generated coupon
Go to the fee payment website (http://www.fmjfee.com), enter basic information, print out a coupon, and then mail a check or money order with the coupon to a lock-box address in Missouri. Once the information and fee are processed, SEVIS will be updated with the fee payment information.
- Paper option
Students & scholars can download or otherwise obtain Form I-901, fill it in, and mail it, with a check or money order, to the specified address in Missouri. Once the information and fee are processed, SEVIS will be updated with the fee payment information.
The mailing addresses for paying by check or money order using the coupon or the paper Form I-901 are:
Street Address for Courier/Express Delivery:
A receipt notice will be issued when the fee is processed.
Alternative Payment Option: Payment by Western Union
Beware of Western Union Scams! Instructions for paying using this option can be found on the SEVIS website: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu-instructions