What It Is
All international students at SCU are charged a one-time $125 International Student Fee. The fee is assessed to everyone with an SCU-issued I-20 (F-1 status), and the amount is included in the estimated expenses on your I-20 immigration document.
How To Pay It
You are automatically charged the international student fee during your first term as an F-1 international student at SCU.* You will see the fee on your SCU student account and can pay it when you are paying your tuition and fees for the term.
How Is It Used?
The international student fee is used to help pay for programs and workshops that support your success throughout your time at SCU and as an alum participating in post-graduate employment through Optional Practical Training (OPT) / STEM OPT. Programs and workshops cover a full-range of immigration topics and promote intercultural learning and adjustment. Examples of the type of programming supported by this fee include:
- International Student Welcome (ISW)
- Quarterly and Annual Immigration Workshops, including
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- STEM OPT Extension
- Life After F-1 (H-1B, work visas and Cap Gap)
- Change of Status (Transitioning to F-1 Status)
- American Culture Series, for example:
- Pro-tips: Current Student Advice Panel
- Get Involved at SCU!
- Spiritual Life at SCU and in the U.S.
- Immigrant's Introduction to US Politics and Government
- U.S. Social Norms
- U.S. Health Care
- Banking and Building Credit as an International Student
- U.S. Academic Tips: Time Management Skills
- Talking About Race and Identity in the U.S.
- Quarterly Finals Break and Giveaway
- i-Exchange Program
- International Graduation Reception
- Annual Employment Conference for newly arrived international students
*For students who are applying for a change of status to F-1, you will be assessed the international student fee in the term for which your I-20 has been issued.