Skip to main content
Santa Clara University

Visa Request

Get Your J-1 Visa

All participants in the Direct Exchange Program at Santa Clara University will only be issued a J-1 visa instead of the F-1. According to the International Students and Scholars (ISS) office, the J-1 visa will enable Exchange Program students to work while at Santa Clara among other advantages. 

Students who have been approved by their home university to participate in the Exchange program at Santa Clara University, they will need to have your filled in DS-2019 Request from the International Students and Scholars (ISS) website.  The DS-2019 is a document that details your course of study and verifies that you have documented eligibility to obtain J-1 status. The DS-2019 is used to apply for the J-1 visa at the U.S. consulate and must be received prior to applying for the visa.

If you ever have any questions regarding this process and to complete the proper documents, please visit the International Students & Scholars website.