To help connect students with the correct resources for questions about the study abroad process, please review the guide below.
SCU Study Abroad can assist students with:
- Navigating the program database
- Understanding study abroad program models (island, direct-enroll, and hybrid)
- SCU cost/fees questions
- SCU Study Abroad application process
- SCU policies & procedures
- Understanding the SCU course evaluation process
Study Abroad Advisors can be emailed at StudyAbroad@scu.edu. A team member will respond within 2-3 business days. Include your name and student ID number in all emails.
Steps 1: Watch the Informational Webinars
- Setting #Goals for Your Study Abroad Experience
- Budgeting for Adventure: Costs, Financial Aid, & Scholarships
- Study Abroad Town Hall
- What to Know Before You Apply (Eligibility, Application Process, etc)
- How to Choose a Program
- Finding Courses Abroad & the Academic Planning Form
STEP 2: Group Advising
Join our advisor(s) on Tuesdays and Fridays for any questions you may have about the study abroad process!
Fridays - 1:00 - 1:30 PM (PST)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 858 792 5290
Students are more than welcome to set up an advising appointment over zoom with the SCU Study Abroad Advisor by using your SCU email at a time that is convenient for you.
SCU Study Abroad can help students identify where to find the course list on their program's homepage, however, SCU Study Abroad cannot advise on whether or not specific courses will fit major/minor/core requirements or on students' overall academic plan. Students who have questions about whether or not certain classes offered on their programs abroad would count towards their major/minor/core need to consult with their academic advisors and follow the course evaluation process for any courses not already approved in our course equivalency database.
Financial Aid & Billing
Students who would like to research additional funding opportunities can review the Apply for Scholarships section and utilize our Scholarship Workbook. We encourage students to apply to opportunities as soon as possible, as deadlines vary.
All questions about tuition remission should be directed to Georgina Santiago (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Program Providers/Host Institution can assist with:
- Courses and subjects offered on a program
- Visa guidance
- Program-specific application
- Course syllabi requests
- Housing Abroad
- Program-specific excursions/activities
- Program-specific Scholarships
- Internship, research, and service-learning opportunities
- Pre-departure checklist and requirements for selected students
- Navigating the program homepage
Visit the program Homepage, located in the SCU program brochure, to contact your program provider with any specific questions.
Access by using your SCU credentials
If you would like to be connected with another student who has already participated in your program of interest, we encourage you to utilize the database. Please be aware SCU Study Abroad cannot connect you to returnees without permission. This means there may not be a returnee from your program in the SCU returnee database. In addition to the SCU returnee database, you can contact your program provider for further returnee information. To contact your program provider, navigate to the program homepage listed in the SCU program brochure.