Intensive Language

If you study in a non-English speaking country, you'll be required to take the language, so that you can gain intercultural communication skills.  Similarly, if you study in an English-speaking country, you'll be required to take a culture class to still gain that competency.

We additionally have Intensive Language Programs that require at least 3 quarters of language, those on which students will study in the local (non-English) language, or programs with 8 quarter units of language. This designation applies to programs with academic intensity and additional structures to increase language learning such as buddy programs, homestay, and language pledges when these are integrated with the explicit purpose of gaining foreign language skills. Intensive language programs enhance language learning while abroad and position students to become greater participants in the host culture.