Skip to main content

Employee Assistance Program

Employee Assistance Program
SCU's Employee Assistance benefits are provided by our third party administrator,  Concern



Company Code: scueap

Clinical Support 

  • Marriage, relationship and family issues
  • Problems in the workplace
  • Domestic violence
  • Alcohol and drug dependency
  • Stress, anxiety and sadness
  • Changes in mood
  • Grief and loss
  • Responses to traumatic events

Work & life services

  • Childcare and eldercare assistance
  • Financial services
  • Legal services
  • Identity theft recovery services
  • Daily living services

Health & Wellness tools

Just log in, and you can:

  • Ask our expert an emotional health question
  • Make a change with self-help programs for stress, weight management, nutrition, fitness and tobacco cessation
  • Take advantage of interactive e-learning programs
  • Find articles and videos on emotional health, physical health and making healthy choices

Plan Design 




Employee Assistance Program

100% coverage, up to 10 visits, per instance



  • Confidentiality is maintained within all Federal and State guidelines. Records can not be released without your written consent.

Program Highlights

  • There is no pre-certification to use the benefit.
  • All employees and dependents are eligible for the EAP benefit.
  • Concern offers all eligible members the full num ber of counseling sessions available to them.

Why Should I use these benefits?

Your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit are available to assist you with many work related and personal issues, from advice about a financial question to dealing with a stressful work situation to overcoming a serious emotional problem.

How do I access my Concern benefits?

Concern is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Just call 800-344-4222 when you are ready. You will speak with a qualified Intake Specalist who will assess the situation and give you the name and number of a network provider near you who specializes in your particular issue.

Is the program confidential?

Yes. Without your written consent, records cannot be released. Confidentiality is maintained according to all Federal and State guidelines.

What services does my EAP offer?

Your Concern benefit provides free, face-to-face counseling for personal issues and work-related concerns that can be resolved in a brief time period. In addition, Concern can refer you to a wide range of services, including legal, financial, family mediation and community resources.

What happens when I use up my ten EAP visits?

As you near the close of your ten free sessions, your counselor will discuss with you your options for continued care.

You may continue with your counselor and pay out of pocket their standard per session rate.  You may also contact your employer’s behavior health benefit; many of our counselors are providers for insurance plans so you may be able to continue with the same counselor, depending on your plan.  

Short-term counseling services are provided per problem type, per 12-month rolling calendar. For example: you are able to receive 10 sessions for the problem type of “Stress, Anxiety and Sadness”.  The 12 month rolling calendar begins at the start of the first counseling session. You will be eligible to obtain new set of eight free sessions for the problem type of “Stress, Anxiety and Sadness” in 12 months.

Does the Concern benefit provide psychiatric services?

The Concern benefit covers short-term counseling but the benefit does not cover any services provided by a psychiatrist. Concern counselors are qualified to assess and refer to a psychiatrist if needed. If you need a referral to a psychiatrist it will likely be covered under your employer's behavioral health benefit. Your Concern counselor can help you to find a provider under your plan or make a referral to community resources.