Employee Assistance Program
SCU's Employee Assistance benefits are provided by our third party administrator, MHN
Company Code: scueap
Clinical Support Services
- Marriage, relationship and family issues
- Problems in the workplace
- Domestic violence
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Stress, anxiety and sadness
- Changes in mood
- Grief and loss
- Responses to traumatic events
Work & life services
- Childcare and eldercare assistance
- Financial services
- Legal services
- Identity theft recovery services
- Daily living services
Health & Wellness tools
Just log in, and you can:
- Ask our expert an emotional health question
- Assess your wellbeing and receive a personal wellbeing report with tips for living better
- Make a change with self-help programs for stress, weight management, nutrition, fitness and tobacco cessation
- Take advantage of interactive e-learning programs
- Find articles and videos on emotional health, physical health and making healthy choices
Employee Assistance Program
100% coverage, up to 8 visits, per instance
- It is recommended that you confirm, with MHN, your copay amount prior to your visit with a practitioner.
- Confidentiality is maintained within all Federal and State guidelines. Records can not be released without your written consent.
- All services must be pre-certified, with the exception of non-network outpatient.
- Intermediate levels of care, such as partial hospitalization, residential, day treatment and structure outpatient services may be used in lieu of inpatient care with MHN approval. Intermediate care coverage is based on the inpatient benefit and accumulates toward the inpatient benefit maximum.
- All employees and dependents are eligible for the EAP benefit.
- Non-network services are paid against usual and customary fees and subject to retrospective review for medical necessity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I use these benefits?
Your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit are available to assist you with many work related and personal issues, from advice about a financial question to dealing with a stressful work situation to overcoming a serious emotional problem.
How do I access my MHN benefits?
MHN is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Just call 1-800-535-4985 when you are ready. You will speak with a Masters level EAP Specialist who will assess the situation and give you the name and number of a network provider near you who specializes in your particular issue.
Is the program confidential?
Yes. Without your written consent, records cannot be released. Confidentiality is maintained according to all Federal and State guidelines.
What services does my EAP offer?
Your EAP provides free, face-to-face counseling for personal issues and work-related concerns that can be resolved in a brief time period. In addition, your EAP can refer you to a wide range of services, including legal, financial, family mediation and community resources.
What happens when I use up my eight EAP visits?
If you still need ongoing care after you have used your eight free sessions, you will need to contact your medical provider. You will be authorized another eight EAP visits in the next calendar year.