Staff and Faculty Leaves
The University provides leaves of absence to enable employees to attend to personal and professional obligations and for periods of disability. The policy for workers covered by a collective bargaining agreement is contained in that agreement. All requests for leaves should be submitted to your department Dean and the Department of Human Resources for approval.
For detailed information, employees can consult the Staff Policy Manual for each type of leave below:
Need to File an FMLA/ PFL / STD / LTD Claim?
In an effort to improve the processing time and simplify the claims experience for employees, Santa Clara University has contracted with Matrix Absence Management (Matrix), a division of Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company, to administer the Short Term Disability (STD)/Paid Family Leave, Long Term Disability (LTD) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) programs.
Read the Matrix Leave of Absence Brochure.
- Family Rights & Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act - revised 2/2013(PDF 260KB)
- Staff Paternal Leave Timeline
- Staff Maternity Leave Timeline
- Faculty Paternal Leave Timeline
- Faculty Maternity Leave Timeline
- Leave of Absence Guides and Forms: