Communicating the Mission
The Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education will communicate this mission of the University to a range of constituencies. It will do so through a variety of media, in a manner that is broad enough to allow people of diverse faiths and commitments to find life in it and deep enough to reflect the integrity of the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
To communicate the mission, we will
- Foster a deeper understanding of the goals, purposes, and methods of Jesuit education among all members of the Santa Clara community and other key constituencies;
- Promote persuasive explanations of what is meant by faith, justice, and the intellectual life and why integration among them remains central to the University’s mission as a Jesuit, Catholic institution;
- Develop clear messaging protocols for a variety of occasions, settings, and groups;
- Identify and engage key stakeholders who will be influential in carrying
forward the mission of the University and the Ignatian Center in the next 10 years;
- Investigate and implement best practices for using an array of media for communicating the mission.
The Ignatian Center’s goal of communicating the mission reinforces the University’s strategic priorities of Enhancing Excellence in Jesuit Education and Promoting Engagement with Silicon Valley