The Camino (powered by Canvas learning management system) user interface was updated June 2016.
When the new user interface is enabled, the Dashboard is the first thing you will see when you log in to Camino. It provides a high-level overview across all your courses. The Dashboard has two different viewing options - the course view or the recent activity stream. If you are enrolled in any courses, the Dashboard course view will include a card for each of your favorite courses. Each card can include up to four tabs, which represent the four main Camino features for course activity: Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Files.
What stays the same:
- Your past classes and all student information will be retained and you won’t need to make any edits to your classes.
- Course content tools like modules, assignments, files, pages, quiz, etc. are completely unchanged.
- The sidebar on the right is unchanged and still includes To Do List, Coming Up, Recent Feedback, etc.
- The Global Navigation Menu is now located on the left side of every page in Camino. Global Navigation links provide quick access to frequently used Camino features. These links provide access to all your courses collectively. Default links include the Dashboard, Courses, Groups, Calendar, Inbox, User Account, and the Help menu. For more information link to:
- More closely matches user experiences on the Web and Mobile devices.
- The Dashboard course view allows you to arrange your classes as colorful cards with "nicknames." Each card has up to four tabs for quick access to a class’ Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Files. You can toggle between the course Cards and activity screen with a simple slider control.