To apply to the JST Renewal Program, please provide:
- Complete the Renewal Program Application HERE. You will be asked to open an application account, and will be asked to supply very simple information: your email, your name, and your birthdate.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 paid in U.S. dollars (Domestic students only; the $50.00 application fee is waived for international applicants.)
- Statement of Purpose Submit a 750 word autobiographical sketch emphasizing your personal development, including why you see the New Directions program as helpful for you and your future ministry.
- Resume or curriculum vitae. Applicants for the Renewal program are required to submit a resume or curriculum vitae to provide information about relevant job experience and education. Your resume should include educational background and relevant experiences, including jobs, internships, community service, activities, languages (if applicable), and research projects. Writing a resume for a graduate school application follows the same principles as writing a resume for a job. Please include dates of attendance for education, job titles, and years of employment. You may mail this to the Office of Admissions of JST or email it to Laura Nieto at email@example.com as a PDF or Word attachment.
- Sabbatical students who plan to audit classes must send official certification of the most recently completed academic degree program.
Sabbatical students who plan to take classes for credit must submit official transcripts of the most recently completed academic degree program.
- One letter of recommendation Letter must be written by a person who knows you well. The letter will give an opinion of your academic and personal qualifications for the sabbatical program. Anyone writing the letter of recommendation should attach their letter to the JST Renewal Recommendation Form and send it directly to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management at JST-SCU.
- For applicants from other countries who will require an J-1 Visa: A letter or statement verifying your support during your stay in the United States from the person or organization that will be responsible for your financial needs (for example, your religious superior or bursar, a sponsoring agency, family or financial institution in the case of personal financial responsibility. *See the international student application instructions for more information about the language requirements for international students.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for the Renewal program.
Although applications for admission are accepted on a rolling admissions basis, applicants to the Renewal program are urged to have their application materials to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management one month prior to the beginning of the academic term in which they plan to enroll, as classes typically fill quickly.
San Mateo, California