Deadlines Before, During and After Orientation
Due in December:
- Log into eCampus at scu.edu and update your profile, password and contact information, retrieve your gmail password, read and accept the online agreements, manage housing, and access financial aid. For tutorials on working with the tiles in eCampus, click here.
- Log into your SCU Gmail Account (@scu.edu), using the password found on eCampus. Sign into eCampus, then from the student tab, select the tile that says “Profile," and then select "SCU Electronic Info." There you will see your SCU Gmail login name and password. Once logged in, change your password. Begin to check this account regularly.
- If needed, apply for disability accommodations with the Office of Accessible Education.
- WAIVE or ENROLL in the SCU Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Complete Photo Directory Authorization Form and the Media Consent Form.
- Review the Orientation Schedule.
- Check out the GTU course schedule for potential courses you would like to take. Indicate the school year, 201920, and Spring semester. If you wish to see only JST classes, you can select “Jesuit School of Theology” under “Campus.”
- January 2, receive anticipated billing for Spring 2020 semester, sent to your scu.edu email account.
Due in January before you arrive for Orientation:
- Upload your photo for your SCU ID card through Blackboard at the link provided by the SCU ACCESS office by Friday, January 10. This email will be sent to your @scu.edu account from firstname.lastname@example.org in December. In order for your photo to be accepted, please follow the photo guidelines, https://www.scu.edu/access/online-photo-submission/. Contact email@example.com for questions about the acceptability of your photo or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a new link. Be sure to indicate that you are from JST.
- By January 21, pay first bill. If you wish to enroll in an online monthly payment plan, do so by this date. Also, complete all your financial aid requirements prior to this deadline in order to avoid late fees and holds.
- Diandra Erickson, GTU Director of Digital Learning, will send you an email with your login information for Moodle from email@example.com. Login and change your password by January 27.
- In December you will receive an email from the Associate Dean’s office naming your advisor. Please email your advisor before Orientation to set up a meeting Monday afternoon, January 27, to choose your courses for the fall.
Steps to complete during and after Orientation:
- Arrive for Orientation on Monday, January 27.
- Set up wireless access at JST on your technology devices, as needed.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor on Monday, January 27, to confirm course selections.
- Register for classes on Tuesday, January 28, during orientation session with Registrar.
- After you receive your SCU ID card and enroll for class, take the card to the registrar for the fall semester sticker, then to the GTU library, to receive your library card barcode. Your SCU ID card can then be used as your GTU Library card.
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES BY 5PM FRIDAY (January 31)!
- Receive updated bill on February 1, sent to your scu.edu email account, reflecting your actual course registration.
- Fill out Orientation Survey by Friday, February 7.
- You are invited to attend the Mass of Gathering and Welcome Back Dinner on Friday, February 7, 5:15 p.m.
- Final day to WAIVE or ENROLL in the SCU Student Health Insurance Plan, Friday, February 7.
- Add/drop period ends on Friday, February 14; final registration must be completed.
- Complete Santa Clara University’s mandatory online training on preventing Gender-Based Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct in the school community. You will receive an e-mail about this from the Assistant Dean of Students, Paul Kircher (for more information, see scu.edu/title-ix/about). Deadline to finish the first training: February 14.
- Pay updated bill by February 21. For those on a payment plan, this is the second installment.