JST recently announced changes to the Renewal Program, which include pausing new admissions. Thank you for your interest in JST and the Renewal Program.
Our program includes:
- A curated, holistic sabbatical experience of weekly gatherings, community-building, and opportunities for prayer, especially designed for renewal in mind, body, and spirit.
- Up to six units of one-to-three unit graduate theology courses, for audit or for credit, for professional and ministerial development and theological updating.
- An on-site welcoming opening retreat and off-site closing retreat.
- Ongoing spiritual direction with one of our vetted directors (every two to three weeks, throughout the semester).
- Access to a treasure trove of resources through the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) and Santa Clara University (SCU) libraries.
- Welcome and participation in the larger JST-SCU and GTU community offerings.
- Additional resources (e.g., for Wellness, Ignatian Spirituality, etc.)
Renewal Course: Renewal For Ministry, For Life (1) (SP-8161)
This asynchronous, curated, holistic sabbatical experience offers weekly gatherings, with opportunities for discussion, community-building, reflection, discernment, and prayer: practices for your own holistic renewal that may also extend to the communities with whom you live and serve. This course is intended for M.Div, MTS, and non-degree students, who are ordained, vowed religious, non-ordained, or preparing for ordination and who are depleted or in transition, as well as for other faith-based care providers, change-makers, educators, and leaders seeking personal and professional development and spiritual renewal. The theme for the fall semester (1) is "New Wine, New Wine Skins"; and, for the spring (2), “Global Church/Planetary People.” This course can be taken for a grade, pass/no pass, or for audit, for one or or two semesters, and need not be taken chronologically. For students taking the course for credit, assessment will include weekly participation, interaction and application, and a final project that outlines a plan for ongoing renewal for ministry, for life. Optional live sessions via Zoom. Auditors accepted. [Faculty Consent required; Auditors with Faculty Permission]