JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience
JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Application Checklist
- Completed & signed application for admission. You may complete this application online (click here to access to the online application) or you may print, fill out, and mail back the New Directions application to the Office of Admissions of JST. You can request an application be mailed or emailed to you by contacting Laura Nieto at email@example.com.
- Statement of purpose. Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program are asked to submit a 750 word autobiographical statement emphasizing your personal development, including why you see the New Directions program as helpful for you and your future ministry. You may submit this through the online application, mail it to the Office of Admissions of JST, or email it to Laura Nieto at firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or Word attachment.
- For International Students: Adequate English language skills. Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program must demonstrate adequate English language skills through either graduate level course work in English or a “Skype” interview with the director.
- Official academic Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program must send official certification of the most recently completed academic degree program. To prove official certification, please submit a copy of your most recent transcript or diploma either mailed to the Office of Admissions of JST or emailed as a PDF to Laura Nieto at email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation. If you choose to apply online, these forms can also be completed online by your recommenders; you will need to provide their name and email address within your online application. Or, you may print, fill out, and sign the top portion of the Letter of Recommendation form and share the form with each separate recommender. Please see pages 3 and 4 of the application for the recommendation.
Note: Letters must be from persons who know you well. The letters will give an opinion of your academic and personal suitability for the sabbatical program. Please be sure to let your recommender know that he or she has to complete the form and write a letter to accompany the form. Each recommender should then mail their completed form and letter directly to the Office of Admissions of JST.
Our mailing address is:
Jesuit School of Theology
1735 LeRoy Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94709
Learn more at: www.scu.edu/jst
Questions may be addressed to:
Admissions and Scholarship Aid Specialist