JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Application Checklist
- Completed & signed application for admission. Click here to access to the online application.
- Statement of purpose. Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program are asked to submit a 750 word autobiographical statement emphasizing your personal development, including why you see the Renewal program as helpful for you and your future ministry. You may submit this through the online application.
- For International Students: Adequate English language skills. Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program must demonstrate adequate English language skills through either graduate level course work in English or a “Skype” interview with the director.
- Official academic transcript. Applicant for the JST Renewal Program: A Sabbatical Experience Program must send official certification of the most recently completed academic degree program. To prove official certification, please submit a copy of your most recent transcript or diploma either mailed to the Office of Admissions of JST or emailed as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation. These forms can be completed online by your recommenders; you will need to provide their name and email address within your online application.
Note: Letters must be from persons who know you well. The letters will give an opinion of your academic and personal suitability for the sabbatical program. Please be sure to let your recommender know that he or she has to complete the form and write a letter to accompany the form. Each recommender should then mail their completed form and letter directly to the Office of Admissions of JST.
Our mailing address is:
Jesuit School of Theology
1735 LeRoy Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94709
Questions may be addressed to:
JST Admissions Office