The COVID-19 Pandemic has had a significant impact on our lives. If there is anything we can do to help or best support you, please reach out to Erin, Andrea, or Alma! In the midst of social distancing, know that we are here and we care; we are all in this together!
Here you will find a link to the Santa Clara University website for all the recent COVID-19 updates.
We hope is that you will be able to "adjust your sail" and keep moving forward!
LEAD Update: April 5, 2020
The following message was sent in a newsletter to LEAD Scholars on April 5, 2020:
Thank you to all the LEAD Scholars who were able to participate in our Welcome & Wellness and On-line Learning Workshops during week 1 of spring quarter! In case you weren’t able to join us, Erin & Alma came up with a few takeaways for you to refer back to occasionally. Feel free to save them on your phones!
LEAD Update: March 19, 2020
The following message was sent to the LEAD community on March 19, 2020:
Campus and community resources our LEAD staff has gathered can be located here.
Students can reach out to Jessica Johns, LEAD Assistant Director for Student Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with locating a mental health professional.
CAPS does not have virtual therapy in place yet.
Mental health resource information for those with health insurance:
- Students who have the SCU student health insurance plan have mental health coverage through their plan. The plan has an in-network copay of $20 and out of network copay of $20 and 40% coinsurance (no deductible).
- That out of network coverage means that if a student saw a provider (who doesn't take Anthem Blue Cross) who charges $100 per session, they would pay a $20 copay and $40 (40%) coinsurance - meaning the visit would cost $60.
- Students who have commercial health insurance (ie Blue Cross, Aetna, etc) may be able to use their insurance to find a therapist in their area who is doing virtual therapy. Please check with your health insurance company.
Free & Low Cost Mental Health Resources
- Almaden Valley Counseling Service
- Email email@example.com or call (408) 997-0200 x 265
- They are offering online services, but there maybe a waiting list
- YWCA 24/7 support line available at 1-800-572-2782
- Gronkowski Clinic for therapy
- Headspace – Meditation app
- Calm – Meditation app
Mental Health Therapy
Mental Health Therapy – Check with your insurance company as some may offer coverage for teletherapy.
- Better Help – Therapy online
- Talk Space – Therapy online
- Pandemic Therapist - list of online therapists
- Pride Counseling – Therapy online for the LGBTQ community
- Give an Hour - Therapy for veterans and survivors of trauma; phone and online services available.
- Bipolar and Depression Support Alliance – online tools and online group support
- Online Substance Use support groups – Free support groups
- Psychology Today – Search for therapy providers
- Thriving Campus – Search for therapy providers
- Comcast – Offering free hotspot Wifi
- U-Haul – free 30 day self-storage for college student
- Do you have teletherapy coverage through your insurance?
- Do you have a medical line to call 24/7 through your insurance?
- Do you already see a doctor/therapist/psychiatrist who could move services online?
- Do you have a prescription drug program that will ship your prescriptions to your home?
- Do you have a local pharmacy that will deliver?