Priority 5: Cultivate a Climate of Assessment
Library staff integrates assessment into all activities in order to continually improve resources, collections, and services. An ongoing and comprehensive assessment program drives decisions based on facts, research, and analysis.
- Goal 1: Develop a programmatic structure for assessment.
- Objective 1: Align the library's assessment efforts with the University's assessment priorities.
- Objective 2: Create an assessment plan that includes all functional areas, prioritizes annual projects, and establishes an assessment cycle.
- Objective 3: Design a mechanism for centralizing and making accessible assessment data.
- Goal 2: Demonstrate the value of the library through open, inclusive, and transparent communication.
- Objective 1: Establish best methods for communicating results and value to different constituencies.
- Objective 2: Develop and create annual assessment reports to be distributed to targeted audiences.
- Goal 3: Expand efforts to educate and support staff involved in assessment projects.
- Objective 1: Survey staff about support needs related to assessment.
- Objective 2: Provide consultation and technical support to individuals and groups working on assessment.
- Objective 3: Provide regular opportunities for staff to share and discuss assessment projects and results.