Redefine and Transform Collections
Priority 2: Redefine and Transform Collections
The Library tailors collections to meet the changing academic environment of greater collaboration, rapid rate of information generation, and the migration to online scholarship. New methods of providing access to collections will expand and enhance research opportunities and highlight SCU's intellectual content and unique materials, both print and online.
- Goal 1: Articulate a vision for collection development and management in the library.
- Objective 1: Create a philosophy statement(s) for collection development.
- Objective 2: To adopt best practices, conduct an environmental scan of collection development at peer institutions.
- Objective 3: Develop a program statement for collection assessment, including deselection of low-use and outdated materials.
- Goal 2: Expand the presence of Archives & Special Collections in our community.
- Objective 1: Implement an outreach and marketing strategy for Archives & Special Collections.
- Objective 2: Pursue strategic gifts and acquisitions that reflect our collection development philosophy.
- Objective 3: Adopt best practices for description, discovery, and preservation to improve access to our unique collections.
- Objective 4: Create a strategy for acquiring and curating born-digital materials.
- Goal 3: Demonstrate our strong commitment to Open Access.
- Objective 1: Broaden the role of the library in the Open Access ecosystem.
- Objective 2: Engage with our community on issues of Open Access and the changing world of scholarly communication.
- Objective 3: Implement an ongoing outreach program for Scholar Commons.