Priority 1: Inspire a Culture of Engagement
The Library continuously initiates outreach and conversations to create collaborative and sustainable partnerships. We anticipate the needs of our communities and exceed their expectations to create a circle of engagement and dialogue.
- Goal 1: Implement programs that support diverse student populations and relevant university initiatives and priorities.
- Objective 1: Explore creative ways to increase support for international and commuter students.
- Objective 2: Identify courses and programs with community based learning components in which the Library can play an active role.
- Objective 3: Develop programming that advances the University’s diversity initiatives and supports the University’s goal of becoming a more inclusive community for all populations.
- Goal 2: Assure an integrated role in key curricular and academic initiatives across the campus community.
- Objective 1: Increase library representation on campus level committees where we have a role.
- Objective 2: Collaborate with the College of Arts & Sciences and other campus partners to outline a programmatic support structure for digital scholarship.
- Objective 3: Redefine the goals and purpose of the faculty and departments who participate in the library liaisons program.
- Goal 3: Build a comprehensive communication program that promotes our collections and services and increases awareness of the value of the Library.
- Objective 1: Innovate how we market and promote our services, resources, and events.
- Objective 2: Cultivate donors interested in the Library.