Priority 3: Empower an Innovative and Responsive Staff
The Library strengthens its commitment to lifelong learning by sustaining a workforce that values high standards, creativity, and flexibility. With a highly skilled and collaborative library staff, the Library prepares our communities to excel in their academic pursuits and beyond.
- Goal 1: Expand support for professional development and continuing education.
- Objective 1: Create a professional development committee to coordinate continuing education opportunities.
- Objective 2: Develop and implement a professional development series.
- Objective 3: Explore the creation of a joint Information Services symposium.
- Goal 2: Embrace the University's goal to recruit students, faculty, and staff from a broadly diverse community.
- Objective 1: Create a task force to analyze our current library landscape and develop recommendations.
- Objective 2: Offer workshops and trainings to increase staff and student employees cultural competencies.
- Objective 3: Implement changes to our search process to recruit a diverse pool of candidates.
- Goal 3: Expand team building and recognition opportunities for library staff.
- Objective 1: Foster team building through additional community service activities.
- Objective 2: Develop opportunities to recognize achievements at all levels.