Cultivate Dynamic Teaching and Learning
Priority 4: Cultivate Dynamic Teaching and Learning
The Library strengthens its teaching role and educational impact through its academic partnerships. Librarians and library staff will advance teaching, learning, and research in both physical and virtual environments.
- Goal 1: Expand the Library's role as a collaborative educational partner.
- Objective 1: Design an information literacy program plan that strategically integrates with the undergraduate and graduate curriculums.
- Objective 2: Partner with the Faculty Collaborative for Teaching Innovation and others to increase educational opportunities for faculty.
- Objective 3: Collaborate with faculty to increase the use of Archives & Special Collections in classroom instruction.
- Goal 2: Reimagine learning and teaching spaces.
- Objective 1: Redesign classrooms in the Learning Commons to better accommodate active learning, taking into consideration a variety of teaching needs.
- Objective 2: Increase the seating capacity of the study spaces in the Learning Commons.
- Goal 3: Explore creative ways to engage with online and blended classes and programs.
- Objective 1: Document best practices to support our teaching roles in online education.
- Objective 2: Increase tutorials, assignments, and other learning objects to facilitate the integration of research instruction into online courses.