2017- 2018 Sophomores
Apply to live on campus during your Sophomore year!
The housing application for 2018 - 2019 Sophomores will open at 7:00AM on Wednesday, January 17, 2018!
2018 - 2019 Sophomore Housing Application
- Of course, you'll need access to the Internet; we have found that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the best browsers to use when completing the housing application.
- The on-campus housing application for 2018-2019 Sophomores is completed via your eCampus account by selecting the Housing Portal. Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- A $250 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Obtaining a waiver for the pre-payment deposit is not available.
- Before beginning a housing application, you should confirm if you will apply with a group of other students or if you will be applying as an individual. If you apply as a member of a group, one member of the group will need to create a Group Profile and all other members of the group will need to connect their application to the Group's Profile. If you are not applying as a member of a group, you will need to create an Individual profile.
- Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by 11:59PM on February 9, 2018 in order to receive priority considerations; applications submitted AFTER February 9 are considered LATE regardless of the initial timestamp.
Before beginning your application, please explore these various living options available to Sophomores. Below you'll find a chart of the various rooms types within each building.
Sophomore Living Options Chart
|Apartment Double||Double as Triple||Mini-suite Double, Mini-suite Extended Triple, Mini-suite Double as Triple||Suite Single||Apartment Single||Designed Single|
Campisi Hall (Communitas RLC)
|Casa Italiana (daVinci RLC)||X||X|
|Dunne Hall (Modern Perspectives RLC)||
Graham Hall (Alpha RLC)
McLaughlin-Walsh Hall (Unity RLC)
Sanfilippo Hall (Xavier RLC)
Sobrato Hall (Loyola RLC)
|Swig Hall (Cyphi RLC)||X||X|
The deadline for completing the 2018 - 2019 Sophomore application is 11:59PM on February 9, 2018.
How will I indicate where I want to live during the 2018 - 2019 academic year?
Residents who wish to return to their current community as an individual (not pairing yourself with a particular roommate) would select this option within the application. In this scenario, your time-stamp, which is determined by when you electronically sign the undergraduate housing contract within the application, would determine when you would go through room selection to select a space in your current community.
Joey is currently living in Campisi/Communitas and wishes to continue living in Campisi/Communitas for the next academic school year. Joey would select Returner.
Residents who wish to return to their current community and will create a group, comprised of roommates who are also current members of the same community, will select this option within the application. The order of room selection for residents who choose this option will occur in the order within which the undergraduate housing contract is electronically signed and time-stamped. The time-stamp for roommate pairs or groups is determined by averaging the time-stamps of all the individuals in the group.
1. Becky and her 3 friends DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle are all current residents of Sobrato/Loyola. They decide they want to be roommates and continue living in Sobrato/Loyola for the next academic school year. Becky, DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle will all choose Returner.
2. Raul and Alex are currently living in Casa Italiana/daVinci. They decide to become roommates and continue living in Casa Italiana/daVinci. Raul and Alex would choose Returner.
A resident who wishes to live in a new community for the 2017 - 2018 academic year and intends to complete the application as an individual, will select this option within the housing application.
Residents who choose this option will select their on-campus housing space from among any of the housing spaces that are available at the time of their designated room selection. The date & time at which you will select your room is determined by the time-stamp of when you signed the undergraduate housing contract.
Danny is currently living in Swig/Cyphi. However, he wishes to live in Sanfilippo/Xavier for the next academic school year. Danny would select Non-Returners.
A resident who wishes to live in a new community and intends to complete the application as a member of a group of roommate(s) will select this option within the housing application.
Due to space constraints, not all residents who choose this option will be able to join their desired community and will need to select a space, along with the other members of the group, in a new community during open room selection.
1. Steve is currently living in McLaughlin-Walsh/Unity and his friend Jesse is currently living in Dunne/Modern Perspectives. They decide to become roommates and live together in Dunne/Modern Perspectives. Steve and Jesse would select Non-Returners.
2. Monica (currently lives in Sanfilippo/Xavier), Nina (currently lives in Graham/Alpha), and Rachael (currently live in Swig/CyPhi) decide to live together in Sobrato/Loyola for the next academic school year. Monica, Rachael, and Nina would select Non-Returners.
Room Selection Process & Dates for Sophomores
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 you will be informed of either your individual or your group's placement. You will also be given a room selection time and date. If you do not get placed in your preferred building, you will go through Open Room Selection, which your placement email will indicate. Please know that larger groups will go through room selection first.
Please view our Room Selection Tutorial video prior to your room selection time.
Room selection for 2018 - 2019 Sophomores will occur from April 16 through April 25.
|April 16th, 2018||TBD|
|April 17th, 2018||TBD|
|April 18th, 2018||TBD|
|April 19th, 2018||TBD|
|April 20th, 2018||TBD|
|April 23rd, 2018||TBD|
|April 24th, 2018||TBD|
|April 25th, 2018||TBD|