Unique on-campus living opportunities await...
The housing application for 2019-2020 Neighborhood Units is available October 31st, 2018! Complete your application by Friday, November 9th!!
2019-2020 Neighborhood Unit Housing Application
To complete the 2019-2020 Neighborhood Unit housing application, what will I need?
- The on-campus housing application for 2019-2020 Neighborhood Units is completed via your eCampus account by selecting "Manage Housing." Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the internet; we have found that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal web browsers to use when completing the housing application.
- A $350 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Obtaining a waiver for the pre-payment deposit is not available.
- Before beginning a housing application, you should confirm if you will apply as an individual or if you will apply with a group of other students.
- If you apply as an individual you will need to create an Individual Profile in order to go through the room selection process.
- If you apply as a member of a group, one member of the group will need to create a Group Profile and all other members of the group will need to connect their application to this Group Profile. Details about creating a Group Profile as well as how to add a Group Profile to your application are available in the video demo.
- Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by November 9, 2018.
- Housing requires all Neighborhood Unit applicants to attend four OCHO programs by November 14, 2018. If you previously attended OCHO programs, they will count for the Neighborhood Unit application process. The OCHO requirement is an effort to further educate our students and set our students up for a successful off-campus living experience. Failure to attend four OCHO programs by November 9,2018 will result in the cancellation of your 2019-2020 NU housing contract.
- Note: If you are currently studying abroad and would like to participate in the NU process, you will need to email email@example.com by November 9, 2018.
- Read through all the NU information online and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
What is the deadline for completing the Neighborhood Unit application?
The deadline to complete the 2019-2020 Junior/Senior Housing Application is 11:59PM on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Room Selection for Neighborhood Units
After my application is completed, how is my unit placement determined?
Returning Neighborhood Unit residents will receive confirmation emails of community/building placement November 16, 2018 on your scu.edu email account.
New Neighborhood Unit residents will receive confirmation emails of community/building placement November 26, 2018 on your scu.edu email account.
All Neighborhood Unit room selection tasks must be complete by Friday, November 30, 2018.
How will room selection work for Neighborhood Units?
Once you have been informed of either your group's Neighborhood Unit placement, your group will also be emailed at your scu.edu. This email will contain a floor plan of the Neighborhood Unit and access to a room assignment form. Each group member will need place themselves a bedroom and designate the room type of the bedroom (ex. single, double, or triple).
Study Abroad Questions
What are my housing options if I know I'll be studying abroad during Fall 2019?
If you plan to study abroad during Fall 2019 and your roommate agrees to pay the single rate for the Fall 2019 quarter, we'll hold a space within the room for you. When you return for Winter 2020, you and your roommate will each be billed the double rate for the room.
You must complete a 2019-2020 Neighborhood Unit Housing application, including the $350 prepayment, and complete the 4 required OCHO programs.
What are my options if I don't know my study abroad status until after the Neighborhood Unit application is due on November 9, 2019?
We suggest that if you are applying to study abroad and have any interest in living on campus upon your return, that you go ahead and complete the 2019-2020 Housing application. If you end up not studying abroad, you'll have more options as it relates to on-campus housing. If you do spend Fall 2019 studying abroad, the Housing Office will hold onto your application and contact you in October 2019 to ascertain your interest in on-campus housing for when you return for Winter & Spring 2020.