Unique on-campus living opportunities await...
The housing application for 2023-2024 Neighborhood Units will be available Wednesday February 8, 2023 at 9:00AM and will be due Friday March 10th, at 11:59PM.
Students currently living in Neighborhood Units are eligible to return to their NU. The application for returning NU students opens on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 and will need to be submitted no later than 5:00PM on Friday, November 11, 2022.
2023-2024 Neighborhood Unit Housing Application
- The on-campus housing application for 2023-2024 Neighborhood Units is completed via your eCampus account by selecting "Manage Housing." Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the internet. If you are having issues with your application, please try a different browser. We have found that Chrome works the best.
- A $500 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card.
- Before beginning a housing application, you should confirm if you will apply as an individual or if you will apply with a group of other students.
- If you apply as an individual you will NOT need to create an Individual Profile in order to go through the room selection process.
- If you apply as a member of a group, one member of the group will need to create a Group Profile and all other members of the group will need to connect their application to this Group Profile. Make sure to verify your group once you have created it by clicking on the Verify Group button right below the name of your group.
- New applicants: Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by March 10, 2023.
- Returning applicants: Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by November 11, 2022. In addition, make sure you select the Returner option as you are indicating that you are looking to return to the NU you are currently placed in for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Housing requires all Neighborhood Unit applicants to attend four OCHO Programs which will be offered in Winter 2023 and must be completed by March 10th, 2023. If you previously attended OCHO programs, they will count for the Neighborhood Unit application process. The OCHO requirement is an effort to further educate our students and set our students up for a successful off-campus living experience. Failure to attend/complete four OCHO programs by March 10th, 2023 will result in the cancellation of your 2023-2024 NU housing contract. If you are unable to attend or have questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read through all the NU information online and contact email@example.com if you have questions.
The deadline to complete the 2023-2024 Neighborhood Unit Housing Application for new NU students is 11:59PM on Friday March 10, 2023
Returning Neighborhood Unit students (and pull-ins) must complete the application by November 11, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Step by Step Guides Below
As a reminder, Returners are those who are currently living in an NU and Re-applying. Non-Returners are new applicants who have not yet lived in an NU. Please be sure to review and follow the correct process.
Neighborhood Unit Application Guide 23-24
Students who completed the full OCHO series during previous years do not need to attend these sessions. Verify your attendance through the Off Campus Living office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New NU applicants will need to complete the OCHO series by March 10th, 2023. Keep in mind that if these classes are not completed, your housing assignment in the NU will be cancelled.
If you have questions or concerns please reach out to email@example.com.
Room Selection for Neighborhood Units
Students who received a confirmation to live in the Neighborhood Units from 2022-2023, and wish to return for the 2023-2024 academic year, are given priority to apply for their CURRENT unit. 50% of the current residents must remain for the unit to be considered a returner unit. Potential pull-ins for returner groups need to wait and apply in February when the application opens.
Neighborhood Unit placements for new applicants will be processed in order based on date and time of application. This includes students wanting to join returner groups that have already been assigned to a house/apartment.
All individuals will be sent an email to notify them of their placements. Once you have been informed of your Neighborhood Unit placement, your group will also be sent an email. This email will contain a floor plan of the Neighborhood Unit and instructions for room selection. Each group member will need to place themselves in a bedroom and designate the room type of the bedroom (ex. single, double, or triple).
Study Abroad Questions
If you plan to study abroad during Fall 2023 and your roommate agrees to pay the single rate for the Fall 2023 quarter, we'll hold a space within the room for you. When you return for Winter 2024, you and your roommate will each be billed the double rate for the room.
You must complete a 2023-2024 Neighborhood Unit Housing application, including the $500 prepayment deposit, and complete the 1 required OCHO programs.
We suggest that if you are applying to study abroad and have any interest in living on campus upon your return, that you go ahead and complete the 2023-2024 Housing application. If you end up not studying abroad, you'll have more options as it relates to on-campus housing. If you do spend Fall 2023 studying abroad, the Housing Office will hold onto your application and contact you in October 2023 to ascertain your interest in on-campus housing for when you return for Winter & Spring 2024.