First-Year Student Application
Complete your housing application & join us on campus at SCU!
The Housing Application is available January 10th, 2018 at 8:00AM. Now that you've familiarized yourself with the various Residential Learning Communities at SCU, it's time to begin your application! As a first-year student, complete your application by May 1st and you'll receive priority consideration for your RLC preferences!
- The first-year application is available January 10th, 2018 at 8:00AM. Before beginning your application, you'll want a solid understanding of each of SCU's 8 Residential Learning Communities and how you will rank each in order of your most preferred RLC to your least preferred RLC.
- The on-campus housing application for incoming First-Year students is completed via your eCampus account by selecting the Housing Portal. Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the Internet; we have found Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal browsers to use when completing your housing application.
- A $250 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Waivers for the pre-payment deposit are not available.
- You can begin your application, save it, and come back to it at a later date. However, don't forget to submit your application by May 1, 2018 to receive priority consideration for your RLC preferences.
First-year students reside within one of the eight Residential Learning Communities. Prior to beginning your application, please explore each of the RLCs so you are well informed when listing your RLC preferences. Below you'll find a chart of the various room types within each residence hall/RLC.
First-Year Student Living Options Chart
|Standard Double Rooms||Suite Doubles & Singles||Mini-Suite Doubles, Mini-Suite Triples||Suite Triples||Extended Triples||Standard Doubles as Triples|
|Campisi Hall - Communitas RLC||Casa Italiana - da Vinci RLC (only suite doubles; no suite singles)||Graham Hall (Alpha RLC)||Swig Hall - Cyphi RLC||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC||Campisi Hall - Communitas RLC|
|Dunne Hall - Modern Perspectives RLC||Sobrato Hall - Loyola RLC (suite doubles & suite singles)||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC||Sanfilippo Hall - Xavier RLC|
|McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC|
|Sanfilippo Hall - Xavier RLC|
|Swig Hall - CyPhi RLC|
RLC preferences are extracted from applications and a placement into one of your preferences is made. Additional factors that influence RLC preference placements include:
If you submit your SCU on-campus housing application after May 1, 2018, your housing assignment will be made based on the available housing spaces.
You'll learn your RLC placement while you're on campus for new student orientation in July 2018.
Santa Clara University believes in the value of the Residential Learning Community experience for all incoming First-Year students. Therefore, even though you may be planning to live at home during your first year at SCU, you are still expected to join an RLC by completing the RLC Commuter Student Application through eCampus via the Housing Portal. The benefits of RLC membership for commuter students include access to the common spaces of your assigned RLC building, participation in RLC programs & events, and engaging in academic pursuits outside of the formal classroom setting.