Skip to main content

Special Housing Accommodations

Living on campus provides SCU students a unique opportunity to connect and learn alongside fellow students, staff, and faculty while enjoying the conveniences and accommodations of living on-campus within the residence halls.

The Office of Accessible Education has been designated by the University to ensure access for all students with disabilities to all academic programs and University resources, which include on-campus housing accommodations. Types of disabilities include medical, physical, psychological, attention-deficit, and learning disabilities.

Reasonable accommodations are provided to minimize the effects of a disability on your ability to maximize the potential for success. If you feel you need a specific housing accommodation you must register with the office of accessible education and submit appropriate documentation from a qualified professional (e.g., a psychiatrist, psychologist, or physician). Once the appropriate documentation has been submitted, the Office of Accessible Education will inform the Housing Office of the appropriate housing accommodation to offer you.

Santa Clara University does not provide assessment for documenting most disabilities. The Office of Accessible Education can provide referrals to qualified professionals for some disabilities.

Santa Clara University and the Offices of Housing & Residence Life are committed to providing comfortable, welcoming, and safe housing options for all students. We are pleased to offer various types of on-campus accommodations, which meet the needs of a thriving and diverse population, including members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, Asexual, and Ally (LGBTQQIPAA) community.

Please contact Marc Alejandro, Assistant Director, Housing Assignments or call the Housing Office at 408.554.4900 if you have specific questions regarding your housing accommodation for the current or following year.