SPRING 2020 MOVE-OUT
In compliance with Santa Clara County’s (SCC) guidance on social distancing, Santa Clara University (SCU) is offering the opportunity for students who reside within 250 miles of SCU, as verified by the permanent address of record, to retrieve their personal belongings as well as continuing to permit students to designate a local proxy (proxy lives within 50 miles of SCU) to remove their belongings. Please review the details below on how to sign-up for a move-out time and properly move out of your residential space.
For those students who do not live within 250 miles of SCU and do wish to come to campus to retrieve their personal belongings, please know a similar process will be available to you once Santa Clara County guidance permits. We encourage students to continue to visit the Housing Office website for the most updated information.
As soon as Santa Clara County guidance permits, all students will be required to retrieve their belongings either in person or using a local proxy.
For students interested in contracting with a pack-up and storage/ship service, please visit: http://www.broncoss.com/pack-up
MOVE-OUT TIME SIGN UP PROCESS
Students who reside within 250 miles of SCU, as well as those students who wish to designate a local proxy, can sign-up for a three (3) hour move-out time. Move-out times are available beginning on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, and through Monday, June 1, 2020:
- Eligible students who wish to come to campus must sign up for a three-hour move-out time. Instructions for signing up for your move-out time are included at the end of this message.
- The move-out times that are available are 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm; 5pm-8pm; and 8pm-11pm daily.
- As you plan for your move-out, we ask that you consult with anyone who will be assisting you before scheduling. Once you select a move-out date & time and receive confirmation, you will not be able to change the date or the time.
In order to complete the move-out process in a manner that prioritizes your health and the health of our community, the following actions will be taken:
- You may only bring one (1) additional individual to assist you.
- Only 8 students will be able to sign up for each move-out time slot per building. As a result, the number of people in each building during each 3-hour time block will be at most 16.
- You and anyone assisting you will be required to wear a face covering when you are in any public area in the residence halls or moving between your room and your vehicle. Gloves are not required but highly encouraged.
- If you or anyone assisting you is sick, you are not permitted to come to campus to move-out.
- It is expected that you and anyone helping you will follow all social distancing expectations, including maintaining a distance of six feet. This means you should not sign up to move out at the same time as your roommate(s) or suitemate(s).
- The University will not be providing any common use moving carts or dollies, so please plan to bring any needed moving materials.
- We request that you and anyone assisting you wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations are located in the main lobbies of each residence hall.
- You, and anyone who is assisting you, will not be permitted to spend the night in the residence halls.
In addition to the above listed actions, the following will be in place for the move-out process:
- A temporary parking permit will be attached to your confirmation email - please print and display the permit on your dashboard while on campus.
- In order to minimize the amount of time you and those assisting you spend on campus during move-out, damage charges will only be assessed if room damage is egregious or appears intentional, if furniture is missing, or if excess trash or items are left in your room.
- You will be expected to remove all items and trash from your room, but you will not be expected to reset furniture.
- Once all of your belongings have been removed from your room, please complete the on-line Check-Out Agreement within the Housing Portal in eCampus.
How to Sign Up for a Move-Out Time:
- To request a move-out time please complete this form.
- DO NOT come to campus if you have not yet received confirmation from Housing.
- DO NOT come to campus if you or anyone assisting you are sick.
- If you plan to designate a proxy to pack up and remove your belongings, please submit a move-out time request and indicate in the form that you will need to designate a proxy. The proxy must live within 50 miles of SCU. Once the move-out time is approved, you'll receive a message with instructions on how to designate your proxy for the approved move-out time. Once the proxy is approved, you and the proxy will receive instructions regarding access to the building/room as well as move-out instructions in a follow-up email.
- If you plan to contract with Bronco Student Services for Pack-Up services, you do not need to complete the Move-Out Time Request Form nor do you need to designate a proxy.