In compliance with the County of Santa Clara's Order to Shelter-in-place, Mission Santa Clara will be closed to the public until futher notice.
Additionally, per the Bishop of our diocese, all public masses have been cancelled until futher notice. At Mission Santa Clara, this includes all Sunday masses, all weekday masses, and all offerings of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. A link to the Bishop's announcement can be found here.
We will update this page once these suspensions on access and liturgy have been lifted. Thank you for your understanding.
Supplemental Worship Resources During Closure
- SCU Campus Ministry is offering a number of resources: https://www.scu.edu/cm/covid-
- For a video of Pope Francis' daily Mass, see the Vatican website: https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html
- Live streamed Sunday Masses from the San Jose Cathedral may be found at the diocesan website: https://www.dsj.org/vlog/
- A longer list of live streamed Masses in the diocese (in various languages) is at: https://www.dsj.org/vlog/live-stream-video-mass-list/
- For St. Monica Church (Santa Monica), the Sunday 5:30pm and 7:30pm Masses are live streamed at: https://stmonica.net/media-resources/watch-live
- Text of the daily readings for Mass, as well as links to an audio recording of the readings daily reflections: https://www.usccb.org/bible/readings
Welcome to the spiritual and historic heart of Santa Clara University
Historic Mission Santa Clara is a consecrated Roman Catholic church situated on the campus of Santa Clara University. First established in 1777, the Franciscan Order handed the Mission over to the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) in 1851, who then started Santa Clara College, the first institution of higher education in California. The Mission has always stood at the center of the campus’ religious and spiritual life, and it continues to welcome Roman Catholic liturgy, spiritual observance, and other activities appropriate to the University’s purpose as a Catholic, Jesuit institution of higher learning. The University’s Campus Ministry and Mission Church staff, along with the Santa Clara Jesuit Community collaborate in the liturgical and pastoral activities conducted in and around the Mission Church.
You can stay up-to-date with news and information from the Mission by signing up to receive our Monthly Newsletter directly in your inbox!
Volunteer Ministry Sign-ups
If you're interested in volunteering in any of our Sunday Mass ministries, use the link below to signup!