Prepare For Acquisitions - Business Plan
Download Section 9: Acquisitions
Section 9: Acquisitions
1. Describe how the business or franchise is connected to the vision you outlined in section 2.
2. Investigate the marketplace. Interview other franchisees and competitors. Make the case that the market is strong enough to support your acquisition.
3. Prepare a plan for the acquisition. The plan should include the following:
- A list of the documents and records you will inspect: financial statements, tax records, accounts payable and accounts receivable, inventory, cash deposit records, etc.
- A list of professionals who will assist you in the process: attorneys, accountants, bankers, etc.
- A plan for verifying the company’s sales revenue.
- A review of licenses, permits, and certifications.
- Professional appraisals of the company’s assets: real estate, equipment, goodwill, and intellectual property.
- A timeline for the acquisition.
4. Describe the source of capital for the acquisition and the form of the acquisition (equity as opposed to assets).