The Office of Accessible Education (OAE) formerly Disabilities Resources (DR) at Santa Clara University has facilitated services to students with disabilities since 1972.
The staff of OAE is available as a resource and works to create an accessible and cooperative learning environment at SCU. Our office believes the formula for success is inclusion and equal opportunity through teamwork.
Office of Accessible Education
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA. 95053
Located in the Benson Center, 1
Hours: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm
The Office of Accessible Education (OAE) formerly Disabilities Resources has been designated by the University to ensure equal access for students with disabilities to all academic and University programs. This goal is met through the provision of academic accommodations, support services, self-advocacy skill training, and disability-related educational programming for the University community.
To accomplish its mission, OAE has established five broad goals:
- To deliver effective academically related services to students which support their scholarly pursuits.
- To advocate for the needs and interest of students, as well as to enrich and educate the campus community about our values and the services we offer.
- To promote and foster an accepting, accessible campus environment in all the programs and services the University offers.
- To empower students with disabilities to advocate on their own behalf, and to enrich students with the skills to be productive citizens.
- To productively administer the resources available to the Office of Accessible Education, as well as ensure that quality customer service is our model.