Be the Change SIG
YOU are invited to join an OLLI special interest group (SIG) named Be the Change. Our name is based on a statement by Mahatma Gandhi, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
Members of Be the Change will:
- Form a community of support to enhance our individual volunteer and donation efforts.
- Discuss past and present volunteer work and how that experience has affected both our retirement and general life experiences.
The Be the Change special interest group will:
- Highlight volunteer opportunities and speakers from various non-
- Locate and recommend both one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities.
- Schedule on-site visits to local non-profit organizations to learn more about their individual missions and potential volunteer opportunities.
- Take advantage of other resources and efforts on the Santa Clara University campus including the Sustainability Liaison Network and the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics.
- Consider linkages with other community, national or global organizations and programs that have a direct relationship to achieving our goals.
- Hold discussions, open to all OLLI members, related to volunteerism, social entrepreneurship and getting maximum results from your donation dollars.
- Encourage OLLI members to practice sustainability, buy local and decrease their carbon footprint.
Be the Change events will be scheduled periodically as activities, events and discussions occur.
Get on our e-mail list now. For more information, or to join, please contact: Debbie Schreibstein at e-mail address: Lendebsch@aol.com.
We look forward to your participation.